New 1968 Newport owner - have a few questions about upgrades and mods

I did the willwood disc brake conversion on my 68 Newport. Very straight forward easy conversion uses factory drum spindles and was cheap.
Good morning do you remember what's the number of the kit you went with. Also did you replace the brake booster and master cyclinder

Wilwood 151-15196 is the part number. You don’t have to change your booster. I did. I went with a dual diaphragm booster and bigger master chrome plated from leed brakes. They did have to custom make my booster though. There c body one for my car did not fit right it was way to long. So I had to modify my fire wall and have them make me a booster. And I used a wilwood proportion valve as well. It’s not a cheap thing all said and done I’m over 3500-4500 just in parts. I do all my own work so lucky I don’t have to pay to get it done.

Wilwood 151-15196 is the part number. You don’t have to change your booster. I did. I went with a dual diaphragm booster and bigger master chrome plated from leed brakes. They did have to custom make my booster though. There c body one for my car did not fit right it was way to long. So I had to modify my fire wall and have them make me a booster. And I used a wilwood proportion valve as well. It’s not a cheap thing all said and done I’m over 3500-4500 just in parts. I do all my own work so lucky I don’t have to pay to get it done.
Thank you for the info I'm in Florida and I spoke to a classic muscle car restorer he said it would be 4500 to 5000 for the work I thought that was a bit high. But I guess not

Thank you for the info I'm in Florida and I spoke to a classic muscle car restorer he said it would be 4500 to 5000 for the work I thought that was a bit high. But I guess not
Also since you do your own work is there a booster that will bolt up to our cars with without all that modification needing being done and no brake pedal issues

Back