New 2019 Ram Pickup Truck

Your test drive of the first one I get has been booked....:)
Is FCA bringing one to the Calgary new car show? BTW, I prefer the headlight on the Rebel to that of the Limited. The grille, not so much.

Edit...

I found a few other pictures. I like this...

maxresdefault.jpg

much more than this...

581_fca_ram1500_2135rm019_082fn.jpg

Last edited:
All I see when I look at them. Without the grill, all the truck styling is the same.
Like when you couldn't tell the 70's Monaco from the Caprice from the Marquis.

PicsArt_01-17-11.52.26.png

what I don't understand:

Unless you have a business where you need a truck:
Why don't you drive an old C-body for daily transportation?
An old 4-door will do the job and will cost you a fraction of the purchase price of these new PUs
And no the old AC discussion doesn't matter to me I can roll down a window (or use the power switch).

what I don't understand:

An old 4-door will do the job and will cost you a fraction of the purchase price of these new PUs
And no the old AC discussion doesn't matter to me I can roll down a window (or use the power switch).
No bluetooth.

what I don't understand:

You have been in the U.S. enough to know better how it works here. If you drive a honkin big, new truck you are a winner, even if your payments extend out to 7 years. You drive a C body and you are a loser! Status matters, not money in the bank. These are the American Dream. You also get to lord it over all the downtrodden masses beneath you. :usflag:

You have been in the U.S. enough to know better how it works here. If you drive a honkin big, new truck you are a winner, even if your payments extend out to 7 years. You drive a C body and you are a loser! Status matters, not money in the bank. These are the American Dream. You also get to lord it over all the downtrodden masses beneath you. :usflag:
In that case, I'll start shopping for one as soon as the prices come down to about $5k... Maybe around 2038.:)

Part of the reason that these new “trucks” are so useless is that not enough guys actually need trucks anymore...sad really.

what I don't understand:

A C body won't cut it when it's time to make the donuts
deep-snow-3-stock-photograph_csp0409749.jpg

All these high-zoot $70,000.00 trucks with their 84 month leases using an upside down truck as a trade-in is going to bring the industry to its knees when all this wretched excess come crashing down. I've never seen anything so insane.

in·no·va·tion

• a new method, idea, product, etc.
    plural noun: innovations
    "technological innovations designed to save energy"

Without it we would all be driving Model T’s....

I am with Stan, I guess an old fogie or whatever. Why is it that we just accept wherever technology leads us, without considering is this really where we want to go or discuss its implications? It seems the unintended consequences of smart phones and all their capability has some real downsides. I feel the same about self driving cars - why is everyone racing to this outcome as though we all want it badly? What does the future really look like for the young people these days, and is it really one worth living in? I am glad I wasn't born any later than I was.

Last edited:
I am with Stan, I guess an old fogie or whatever. Why is it that we just accept wherever technology leads us, without considering is this really where we want to go or discuss its implications? It seems the unintended consequences of smart phones and all their capability has some real downsides. I feel the same about self driving cars - why is everyone racing to this outcome as though we all want it badly? What does the future really look like for the young people these days, and is it really one worth living in? I am glad I wasn't born any later than I was.
That helps... one day in the future I could be sporting the only UnF'edWith Formal in Florida... assuming I can outlast Stan...

What does it matter if it is a lever or a knob they all seem to be hooked to an electrical switch not a cable or a rod anymore.

My Subie does not even have gears in it's transmission and it has a shift lever.
You mean shift switch... :poke:

Thank you, the highlight of that statement was really evident when I was vehicle shopping in 08... I knew I was buying used, but hadn't determined much other than we needed a truck or SUV. Viv's printing enterprise needed a delivery vehicle every once in a while, so the pickup with a cap option didn't seem water tight enough. Looking at approximately 7 to 10 year old options was a real eye opener, fuel economy wise. I went by published ratings, knowing they would be optimistic, and settled on the suburban due to it's useful flexibility (4x8 sheet hauling became a requirement at the end of the search), cost of ownership (10 year old auto repairs, not many have parts as cheap) and fuel economy. To save 1 or 2 MPG to drive a tiny SUV or P/U is just crazy to me. I was astounded by how bad the fuel economy was on so many small footprint SUV's... because they weren't sold in a time when that was a primary consumer concern (for those models)... A Ridgeline should not get essentially the same fuel economy as my 1/2 ton 'burb.

Sorry Carmine, even if I knew about Mexican Ramchargers... they won't haul full sheets of drywall while closed up.
Our mini van hauls 4x8 material just fine so long as there isn't too much of it.:poke:

And you still can’t haul a sheet of plywood with the tailgate closed in most of these vehicles(I hardly can call these trucks, they’re more a sport utility than anything else).

No, but it's no problem to haul a fair amount of plywood or drywall with the tailgate up. Better aerodynamics on the expressway too. :) I have no desire for a long bed & I use my truck almost every day as a truck.

You mean shift switch
No a rod that sticks up out of the console and has a notch for PRNDL.
You know the same thing the Federal govt made Chrysler get rid of the push buttons transmission control and put it on a lever so anyone could drive any car they jumped in without thinking. Now 50 years later it is a just do what ever you want, 45 different bulbs on the front of the vehicle. Probably spelling out in Asian language's "look at what these stupid American's will buy". Knobs and switches to do everything to remove you from just enjoying the drive, or to make the car in front of you completely oblivious to any of the surroundings killing my drive. Truly automatics should be removed. Put everything back on 3 pedals and a gearshift, now your more involved in driving and if you don't like shifting your own gears maybe you will stay the f@#k home instead of just driving around with no purpose.

Back