New C- Body from Germany, Berlin

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great car, I'd like to see some more intimate pics of the car and what you've done to it as long as they're not top secret and classified.

I forgot to tell you what I had done till now. I am trying to explain

- put the engine together (aluminium cylinder heads, alu water pump, "motherthumber" camshaft from comp cams... :) I broke 2 sets of pushrods, now I have Manton Pushrods. they are really good.
- tried to fit the engine in, biggest problem wre the headers, cause there are no suitable headers for hemis in a c-body. I just bought the biggest Indy Headers and fit them in. It took me 4 days..
- changed from power steering to manual steering, power brakes to manual + rejected the "climate thing" because I needed the space for the engine . It has a manual valve body, so I need to shift by my self, so I decided to install a hot rod locar shifter :)
- after that I had big problems with the fuel delivery. The hemi is very thirsty :) so I installed a black Holly electrical fuel pump and a bigger fuel line (1/2 Inch)
- some interrior stuff, like new carpet, some safty stuff, like an extra thick sheet of metal around the transmission and things like that. New gas tank, new exhaust with cut outs.
- a lot of trouble with the stage V intake
- now I will install the 750cfm holleys this winter
- after the hemi was installed I couldn't shut the hood so I cut a hole in it and installed a polara hemi scoop.

I have done a lot of other things but those were the main things. BUT, the Polara have absolutely no rust. Sorry but my english is not the very best ;) here are some pics, hope you like them

Michael

Hi
what other Hemi projects do you have?

I have Mopar Performance aluminum cylinder heads

I have 2 Mopar mega blocks, and I had them both sonic checked and they are both really nice blocks with over .300" cylinder thickness evenly throughout.

I was originally going to build a 528 for my '70 Road Runner, but later found a '70 GTX that was an automatic car and my Road Runner is a 4 speed car, so I am now going to put the 4spd back in the RR with a 440 6 pack, or a 493 with Indy SR heads that I already have.

I have full rotating assemblies for a 528 and a 572, a set of raised port Indy Legend heads, a Mopar Performance 2-4bbl intake that is spaced wider, so Hollies could be used, and a set of TTI ceramic coated headers with 4" collectors. I made the air cleaner base from 3 different air cleaners, and it uses a 6-pack lid.

The GTX I want more street friendly with a 3.54 Dana and a pair of 650s.. will look for about 650-700hp and the 572 for the '57 Desoto I want to have 850-900hp and plan on a 4.10 Dana, ported Stage 5 heads with the large 2.42" intake valves and raised exhaust ports, and a single plane 2-4bbl intake with 750 Holley HP Ultras.

What were your problems with the Stage 5 intake manifold?

The taller 528 pistons are shelf Wisecos with Valve reliefs for 2.25" valves, and the 572's are custom made Ross pistons for the large valve heads.

. IMG_0730.JPGIMG_0731.JPGIMG_0732.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

Last edited:
Your car(s) are unique and flat out beautiful! I've seen a few at Carlisle and a couple of the D500's. That would be cool to see you at Crlisle 2013.........even if you couldn't bring one of your beauties. It would be super cool to meet the regulars on this forum at the big show!

The nice one is just an example of the color that I want to paint mine whenever I get it done.... My car was only the crappy deteriorated white one that has been retired since 1962. I did look at the odometer and it is 57,863, but time has been hard on it... Enough so, that I don't feel bad not going back original, other than it will remain a "Hemi car"... Another thing I think would be cool, is to laser engrave "Chrysler Fire Power" on the polished aluminum valve covers, like the Chrysler Hemi of its day.... So many ideas, so not enough money, and so in need of my own shop... there's the money thing again...

I have been back east a few times and I would look forward to meeting the regulars here as well. I don't know if any of you get to Mopar Nationals, but the '67 New Yorker might make a showing there in the future, money and time permitting.

e7_3.jpg

e7_3.jpg

holy crap. that sounds really really good what you are doing :) the Desoto with about 850-900 HP?? :) is it already ready or still a project?
I have 2 problems with the stage V. I am trying to explain... We could not seal the intake. every time I steped a little faster on the gas the seal between intake and block was gone. So the engine sucked in a mixture of air and oil from the inside. The problem is that there is a little difference between the angle of the intake and block. We tested different seals, but nothing worked.. After several trys I used an other one. next problem is that 2x Holley Ultras do not fit one behind the other. I already got a adapter and a linkage kit so that the carburators will fit. But the adapter will need some work so that it will fit on the intake...

What kind of rocker arms do you have? I mean which manufacturer?

holy crap. that sounds really really good what you are doing :) the Desoto with about 850-900 HP?? :) is it already ready or still a project?

next problem is that 2x Holley Ultras do not fit one behind the other. I already got a adapter and a linkage kit so that the carburators will fit. But the adapter will need some work so that it will fit on the intake...

What kind of rocker arms do you have? I mean which manufacturer?

The Desoto will be a major project, and all I have done so far is collect parts.

<---- My miscellanious picture link should be somewhere along here.

I figured that the carburetors would have to be mounted sideways. The Mopar intake that I have will fit in-line with the 4160 Holleys, with the square fuel bowls... Not the 4150s with the dual feed lines.

The rockers are Indy, with 1.55 and 1.6 ratios. The Indy heads have integral rocker stands, which are nice for pulling off your rockers without having to retorque the head, but removing and replacing the rocker assemblies themselves is more troublesome.

The projects that I am working on right now are a 700hp 493 Indy engine for a '67 New Yorker, and an engine/conversion for my boat. No more small block Chevys for this guy...

Last edited:
THIS (!!!) is art! Why my wife prefers jewelry over this is beyond my comprehension.

attachment.php

Especially since the pistons are shiny....my ex would drag me shopping with her all the time.......she always went after the shiny stuff.

Not the 4150s with the dual feed lines.
No more small block Chevys for this guy...

Yes thats right, the 4150s do not fit in line... to big ;)
No more small block Chevy is absolutly right :)
If sometimes some small block Chevy guys trying to tell me that Hemi engines are not as good as his Chevy, I am answering him that I have acutally two of your small blocks united in one big monster engine :)

No more small block Chevy is absolutly right :)

some small block Chevy guys trying to tell me that Hemi engines are not as good as his Chevy

I never had the 350 Chevy by choice, but it was in a boat that I really liked, so I gave it a chance and tried to make the best of it... It blew up about the 10th time that I took it out, and I was not abusing it either, it just had cheap, crappy pistons.

I could have rebuilt it, but I know personally how much better the 360 Chrysler small-blocks run in full size pickups and Ramchargers against some friends Blazers with 350s and even the small-block 400s, so I have gone to a lot of extra work and expence to put the Chrysler LA 360 engine in place of the GM/Chevy 350.

As far as the guy telling you that his small block Chevy is better than a Hemi... I'm just relieved that all the idiots don't live here, and you have a few there for your own entertainment as well... :yes:

most chevies are bozo's....always running some jacked up, clapped out camaro or chevel with an over cam'ed 350, a huge carb and small tube headers....and s/s rims. That's the profile I usually see. There are a few out there though who are as serious about their machines as we are serious about our Chrysler's...with them its always "chevie had the first motor that made 1hp/cu in" mantra.

Most likely by accident.

Back