New chevie motor to compete with Hellcat

I've been driving it on the street since the tracks are closed. Way too much fun though and I'm gonna get arrested.

I didn't think there was such a thing as too much fun
Local law enforcement would disagree.

I dunno, been thinking about it for the last couple days. 707hp Dodge Challenger = "Hell Cat". Got to be some more gnarly then that.
Gremlin was already taken.

By by the way, they've been dynoing at over 800 HP so the 707 appears to be intentionally understated.

Local law enforcement would disagree.

Gremlin was already taken.

By by the way, they've been dynoing at over 800 HP so the 707 appears to be intentionally understated.
Yeah I can believe that. 707 is the number they state in all the publications e.i Mopar Performance, Mopar Action, C&D....

On a similar note a bud of mine told me that chebbie was going to axe the Camaro due to continued dwindling sales. Before long they won't be making enough of them to have a recall

That would not surprise me anything less than 100,000 units a year is not a success, look at the last time the cancelled the car 25,000 units per year on a chassis design that was 20 years old paid for many times over and just walked away from a market segment with no thought of a replacement for a car that would have continued to sell because of the sheep that follow... right over the cliff.

That would not surprise me anything less than 100,000 units a year is not a success, look at the last time the cancelled the car 25,000 units per year on a chassis design that was 20 years old paid for many times over and just walked away from a market segment with no thought of a replacement for a car that would have continued to sell because of the sheep that follow... right over the cliff.

Yea I read somewhere that the sales had fallen into the mid 80's. From the 120-130ish a few years ago.

That's f...ed up, they befuddle me they compete against themselves which in the modern market doesn't work, then they throw their hands up and cancel the whole mess. I am surprised they don't stop making pu trucks because they can't beat ford even though they do with both makes. Kind of amusing for the rest of us, downside is if they take it away some lazy excutive might make a decision to follow suit and we lose.

I never liked it. When it first came out it was very popular. Seems like everyone o know wanted one. I was scratchin' my head wondering what they saw in it. Guess it's a loyalty thing.

The Challenger isn't close to that, is it? Certainly Dodge is making money.. Hard to believe they let the Challenger run for six years

The Challenger isn't close to that, is it? Certainly Dodge is making money.. Hard to believe they let the Challenger run for six years

I have read just very recently that the Challenger was just over 50K units & was improving each year. The Stang was in the 70's & declining like the Camaro. It comes down to how many units per dealer. 50k divided amongst Dodges dealers vs 80k amongst all the chebbie stores. Makes the Camaro a poor selling car & dealers are reluctant to take too many.

Finally made 50k...?

I don't believe they would Axe the Camaro while selling 80k cars but that's my opinion and what the hell do I know. I must say though, I do see many more Challengers to Camaros

Never cared for the new camaro myself but the Mustang looks damn good!

Back