New Exhaust for 1968 Imperial

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a new full exhaust system for my '68 Imperial. From what I seen, it sounds like the TTI 2.5" system with the Dynamax mufflers and Turndown tips are my best bet. Part #: https://www.ttiexhaust.com/Classics-Ex/C25MWM6573.pdf

I'm wondering what others have experienced using this set up. Is there a better option out there? I'm running a stock engine, although it does originally have the 440-dual exhaust option.

I have installed plenty of TTI A-B-E-body systems and they have been great installs. I have not installed a C or Y body system yet, but very soon.
Make sure your engine mounts are to spec, I just had a look at mine on my Imperial and they are pancakes, usually they are torn and lifting.
I am thinking of TTI full 2.5 and then ordering a pair of Quiet flows and resonators for my system. Keep the Super turbos in stock for a muscle car. Don't forget to order left muffler hanger.

Here is a C-body install.

I'm considering getting a new full exhaust system for my '68 Imperial. From what I seen, it sounds like the TTI 2.5" system with the Dynamax mufflers and Turndown tips are my best bet. Part #: https://www.ttiexhaust.com/Classics-Ex/C25MWM6573.pdf

I'm assuming that you have the stock non-HP manifolds with the approximate 2" exhaust outlets. Going from 2" to a 2-1/2" opening will cause turbulence and effect flow in my opinion.

If it was me I would try to find a shop that has the "cards" for the bend dimensions and do it in 2-1/4" up to the mufflers and the tailpipes in 2" which I think is the factory pipe sizes.

When the duals were installed on my '67 LeBaron, we stuck with the stock 2" pipe width, and added resonators. The turndown was ahead of the bumper so they weren't visible. Worth the time/trouble, as it not only picked up a little HP and flows like it should, but also has a great (yet quiet) exhaust note. Good luck.

When the duals were installed on my '67 LeBaron, we stuck with the stock 2" pipe width, and added resonators. The turndown was ahead of the bumper so they weren't visible. Worth the time/trouble, as it not only picked up a little HP and flows like it should, but also has a great (yet quiet) exhaust note. Good luck.

Where did you get all this? Was it a full kit?

5F34B08A-40B4-4A3A-BAB2-CE11DD0E638F.jpeg

Picked up my exhaust system myself. Made for a nice day trip this spring through farm country to this little town in southwest Michigan. Yeah, they are busy and only do factory exhaust systems. I.E. if your car came with single exhaust thats what they will make. If your manifolds are different for singles as opposed to duals they don’t custom fab.

Last edited:
Back