New forum..old face

The stainless then goes onto the frame and is held on by the shorty short short screws.
boab july 2017 016.JPG

The screws are hidden behind this weatherstripping.
This strip is what the front door shuts against.
boab july 2017 013.JPG

Got the right rear window in yesterday.. Took all afternoon to get it adjusted to my liking.
Very complicated and if you do not follow the FSM to the T the window will be out of whack.
Over 6 adjustment points!
Very happy though I got it done..now one side window left--the left rear and ALL glass will be DONE!
boab july 2017 001.JPG

boab july 2017 002.JPG

boab july 2017 004.JPG

I really should have worked on the left rear window tonite,but I borrowed my Mum's clothes pins and from my work the 3M weather strip adhesive.
I did the trunk weatherstripping!!
boab july 2017 003.JPG

New problem,but can be fixed..
The trunk will not close with the new weatherstripping..
It is binding up all across the back of the trunk lid.
boab july 2017 005.JPG

boab july 2017 006.JPG

That 3m weatherstrip adhesive is some great stuff! Very sticky, and dries fast.

Had the same problem with my trunklid. I got it to shut, and let it sit for a week. It's much better now, but still a little harder to shut.

Same thing with the doors. Seems to get better with time, and use.

New problem,but can be fixed..
The trunk will not close with the new weatherstripping..
It is binding up all across the back of the trunk lid.View attachment 135310
View attachment 135311
I did the door seals in my 68 F-250 (that one time I tried to love a ford) and it was a while before the doors closed without a slam or two. .. I mean, I guess it was a good thing that I had to keep getting in and out of the truck to fix some stupid ford problem.

Got the trunk to close...now leaving it alone for a bit for the new schtuff to compress..
Anyhoo...Polished and installed the rear window trim.
I am pleased that the original trim came out better than I expected.
I did use it as reference when Ray and i had to rebuild the rear window frame years ago.
Fit and finish not a problem..
However keeping the trim on the damn car is a problem.
The 67/68 Fury 4 door hardtop roofline and rear window was used in 68 for one year only on the Newport,and 300,Polara and Monaco.
it was also the the first application if butyl set into the channel and not use a window gasket per se.
New Yorker and Imperials still used the older style rear window which had to use a gasket
The BoaB is an early build with 4 separate window trim pieces and different trim clips.
I had seen later build cars have 6 pieces.
With the mid year change,the clips I needed are not in repop.
I kept any good old clips and the ones I ordered in the past were different.
I ended up using clips for a 68 Charger which were the closest to my old originals.
Then I eyeballed on how high/low the clips had to go before the glass went in before the rear window was installed. A couple clips are too low.
All clips snap in..but the damn trim will not stay put.
I always wondered why the trim was so full if Dum-Dum and now I know why...to keep it in place!!
Dum dum on Monday...I will not be removing the rear window,nor search and polish another set of trim just to fit...
boab july 2017 002.JPG

I got all the roof rail lip moldings,and top of doors' stainless wet sanded and ready for the buffer...
boab july 2017 004.JPG

boab july 2017 003.JPG

Bling Bling. Dayam the molding came out awesome!
The paint is sooo tricky to photograph,it keep changing shades
boab july 2017 009.JPG

boab july 2017 005.JPG

boab july 2017 006.JPG

Windows and doors are all fine tuned and working properly.
It is a long weekend where I live and i am taking full advantage of my time installing as much small schtuff as possible. just in case i have to make a hasty move away from her.
Took down the door panels from years of dust gathering up in the shop rafters.
Yeah,they need some love..
boab august 2017 004.JPG

Then with Mother's Protectant and a microfiber towel I scrub the vinyl.
With a second dry cloth a good buffing.
boab august 2017 006.JPG

A mix of old,new and NOS on the right front door (ditto for the driver's door)
Old-door panel,arm rest
New -long window crank,door release handle,arm rest base.
NOS-vent window crank.
boab august 2017 001.JPG

Back