New forum..old face

Thanks to my brudder Don,helping me put the heavy bench seat in and lighting a fire under my arse!
I spent the day ripping apart the engine bay!!
I will be making changes under the hoodd and for ease of working the rad core support is out for now. removed the lo po logs and single exhaust in favour of HP manifolds and TTi duals.
boab september 2017 001.JPG

boab september 2017 010.JPG

Also
boab september 2017 008.JPG

pulled the cast iron 4bbll intake and mocked up the carb,intake and air cleaner.
Yeah a wee bit tight with millimeters to spare!!
boab september 2017 011.JPG

Lookin crisp, my friend! Makes me all kinds of excited to do this with my Monaco one day!

That is looking great. Are we taking bets on whether you get to drive it before the first snow fall?

That is looking great. Are we taking bets on whether you get to drive it before the first snow fall?
You will lose,Hahaha!
Will be running by end of the month,and on the road for October.
I am moving out of my house November 1st--so no choice.
I am really using my spare time very wisely.

Work smarter--not harder
I installed new spark plugs before putting on the HP manifolds.
We all know how much a pain #7 can be..
boab september 2017 003.JPG

Took the time to wipe down any body shop dirt from the firewall while no manifolds on the engine.
boab september 2017 002.JPG

Scored these HP manifold gaskets that incorporate heat shield that protects the valve cover gaskets from getting cooked and not bake the engine paint.
Also using the orange silicone rubber valve cover gaskets.
Thanks to MR Richard E-Booger hisself,LOL!
boab september 2017 004.JPG

Installed the Summit mini-starter and test fit the TTi frt pipes and all is good.
Connected the repop C body battery cable to the starter but the terminals are a tight fit against the block.
I should have connected the cable first before installing the starter.
boab september 2017 006.JPG

Back