New forum..old face

cbarge

World Famous Barge in a Budget
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A lot of familiar people here and most may know me from other forums.
I have been restoring my 1968 Newport Custom since 2005.
Better known as the "Barge on a Budget" and is well documented on Moparfins and Dry Dock.
Some say i have been an inspiration to others when it comes to C bodies.
As always,I am always willing to help--even drive long distance to help..(done that many times)
It is good to put the faces to the screen names and i have met some in person already.
If you cannot find it--I may have a good chance of locating it,LOL!!
You just never know.
I have connections coming out of my ying yang and also do frequent cross border trips for our Canuckians from my US shipping addy since most US E-pay sellers do noot like shipping to the great White North,eh?
Anyhoo,itt iss good to see some friends here already and looking forward to make more as we "network",LOL!
Leaburn
IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

Thanks!
Kinda hard to condense 5 years worth of work into one thread,but here are some highlights of the work done so far...
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

Must be a Canadian car eh. Looks like mine did. You've done a great job, keep it up. Great pics. I'm looking for a dash pad & a good (cheap) place to send my bumpers. Any connectios or ideas? Laurence

Must be a Canadian car eh. Looks like mine did. You've done a great job, keep it up. Great pics. I'm looking for a dash pad & a good (cheap) place to send my bumpers. Any connectios or ideas? Laurence
I do have an excellent source for rechroming that offers reasonable prices and turnover times.PLUS they are only 2 hours away from me across the border.
Really good street quality chrome that looks great,but not expensive as Pebble Beach quality chrome.

Sandy's Bumper Mart in Syracuse,NY.
http://www.sandysbumpermart.com/index.html
I live close to the border so if you want the bumpers done,drop em off here,call them with your credit card and I can pick them up when done.
With taxes,my front bumper was repaired and chromed for just over 400 bux.That is half the cost of any Canadian chromer.
BoaBbumper.jpg

InsideSandys3.jpg

insideSandys2.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

BoaBbumper.jpg

InsideSandys3.jpg

insideSandys2.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

As for your dash,every 69-70 Monaco/Polara dash I found is toast
It is a unique dash pad not shared with other C's.
The only thing I can suggest is Just dashes.
My buddy had his dash done there and only had a three week turnover.Cost? not cheap,but well worth it.

Thanks!
The color is MM1 Turbine Bronze Poly
Inspired by the 1963 Chrysler Turbine car program and was a popular color for years.
Nowadays,shades of the color can be seen on Kia's,Chevy's,and Jeeps.
LeftFront1.jpg

LeftRear1.jpg

LeftFront1.jpg

LeftRear1.jpg

nice to see somebody doing the floor the right way instead of bedliner
Thanks!
Pretty much spent most of one winter scraping the undercoating off the belly,and repairing any rust found.
The entire belly was epoxy primered,painted,and the rear wheel wells were spray bombed with rubberized undercoating--like the factory did.
The car spent 21 months on axle stands before being back on its tires.

Back