New forum..old face

The vinyl top was a repop that fits many C's. It was short and ran out at the bottom of the back window. I had to order a full yard of same material and the guy who did the install also finished it and put the glass in the car same day.

I sorely missed you Lea. Welcome back and I hope you'll stick around. There's more guys to make fun of here than Stitcher Bob can shake a stick at.
Thanks! Missed you too. No internet at home,but my company finally buckled to customer demand for wi-fi! Now I can post during my lunch break or after hours.

Where did you get the repop vinyl?
I e-payed that waaaayyy back in 2007.
When the top went on and found the shortage, I did not bother chasing down the seller. Guaranteed to get laughed and/or hung up on

Thanks! Missed you too. No internet at home,but my company finally buckled to customer demand for wi-fi! Now I can post during my lunch break or after hours.

PMing you shortly. Would like to catch up. :)

Got a box of Boommats today. Hoping to prep the inside to make her a quieter ride than factory.

I pulled the cowl down from the rafters to strip the paint. Had not seen this part since 2006.
Well,it is junk...Peppered and riddles with holes.
had to cross the border to get a good used one.
The thick layer of white house paint saved it..
Ugh! What a chore to strip it!

boab jan 2016 002.JPG

boab jan 2016 003.JPG

boab jan 2016 004.JPG

funny you mention that lol I feel your pain. I stripped my cowl down this past summer when we painted my '65. Not fun

Update..The front fenders are in yellow primer! Bodywork on them is DONE.
Now I can mock up the front clip,check fitment and gaps.
Still lots to do.

Got internet back in the house! Now nothing gets done!!! HAhahahah!
Seriously,just wanted to say BOO! to all the FCBO members.
Getting the car ready for paint!! Polishing the stainless belonging to the old gurl!
If I do a piece a day I will have it all done in...........50 days!!

BARGE ON A BUDGET UPDATE 2017
Got the official word today the BoaB will be going for PAINT!! February 18 2017!
She will be away from home for at least two months.
2017 is the year of the BoaB!!
Yet I have some work to do before she leave my garage.
I managed to keep the house which means the car still has a home after 12 years being in there!!
Will keep you guys posted!!

Glad to see your progress, I'm glad you were able to keep the car, and I'm glad to see you back on FCBO. Look forward to seeing the car with some paint on it.

To finance the paint job,I sold two vehicles.
Both 1983 Dodge models,RamCharger and a 400 K car! Will miss them both but must focus on the BoaB.

boab and ramcharger 030.JPG

k car 009.JPG

Back