New from Central West Virginia

Ron Swampson

Reaction score
Hello All...........

Looks like you have have a really nice forum here, with lots of positive people and comments. I been reading threads for the last few days and though it was time to say hello. I come from the dry dock as Glenville Guy, I purchased a 66 New Yorker on Groundhogs day of this year, and have been working on her ever since. I learned about the C-Body Chrysler while my dad demo derbied them back in the 90's and early 2000's. We have been out of that sport for more than 10 years, and I wanted my own c-body ever since. Now instead of stripping and derbying these classics, I'm saving everyone I can. Case and point I found an amazing 68 newport a couple weeks ago, and although I could not purchase it. I found it a loving home with my buddy, who will be using it as a daily driver this week.

When I bought the car, it had a partial black spray can paint job on it. I used over 2 gallons of paint thinner to clean it up. Over the Spring I've pulled the 440 and had it built with some extra HP, and have been breaking it in ever since. Also did the scarebird front discs, and should receive the rear conversion in the mail any day now. Also removed the "BLING BLING" rims that came on the car with 15x8 Steel and some 60 series tires.

440 Engine Specs........
Bored .030 over
Block decked .010
516 heads, shaved .010, new valves
Edelbrock intake and 750 carb
Full MSD Electronic ignition
Headman Headers, w/ X-pipe, & glasspacks

Please feel free to check out my youtube link on my signature, I have been heavy in the West Virginia off road world for years and have a ton of different videos for people to view. The link i am sharing here is my burnout video the day before i pulled the motor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1r9DH1xJZM

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Wow....what a huge difference in appearance it makes just getting those Foose ghetto wheels off it and some black steelies in their place. The cleaned up trim doesn't hurt, but the wheels are very noticeable.

There's a fellow with a '66 300 440 doing burnouts, posted on youtube. A lot of power in that engine, even with a chunk like that sitting on top.

But his videos don't have projectiles flying at the camera. You get extra points for that.

it looked like hell when you first got it glad you are doing something with it. Mind if I ask how are you liking the Scarebird Kit?

Mind if I ask how are you liking the Scarebird Kit?

Not at all.............its been awesome so far, very easy upgrade, and you gotta give scarebird props for providing a parts list that can be bought at napa or Advanced.. Everything when together so easy you would have thought I knew what I was doing.

Cool, welcome to the forum! You're having fun, that's for sure. It beats smashing them up, IMHO.
:3gears:

Hello All...........

Looks like you have have a really nice forum here, with lots of positive people and comments. I been reading threads for the last few days and though it was time to say hello.

LOL, We must have been behaving ourselves those few days! Welcome Ron, I like your car and hope you enjoy your time here, cheers!

Back