New from Ontario

crznyt

Reaction score
I have just picked up a 70 Polara convertible and thought I would put up a pic or two.
It is a 318 automatic, was told it was a bench but now has 71 buckets that will be nice and comfortable when redone, and the original colour is FK5 burnt orange.

Donscars037.jpg

Donscars036.jpg

Donscars033.jpg

image3.jpg

Cheers Don

Welcome aboard! Nice find. Looks like a brand 318 in it! Please post more pictures as you progress.

:welcome:

Nice body on that Polara, and its a convert too. Very nice, yea definitely more pics, please! What are your plans for it? (Is that a Plymouth peeking around behind the Dodge?)

The engine is the original 318, the guy I bought it from just repainted it and added new cover gaskets. I plan on just restoring it into a nice driver, the front buckets are from a 71 Chrysler but will be just fine.
Here are a few more pics. I will add more as I do a few things. I need to install the windshield but I have to have the windshield frame fixed first.
Oh and good eye that is our 60 Plymouth convertible in the garage, we also own a 66 and 77 Charger.
Donscars040-1.jpg

Donscars030.jpg

Donscars035-1.jpg

Donscars045.jpg

To tell you the truth the more I look at it the more it is growing on me. I like the rarity of it.
So for now it is staying where it's at, unless someone offers dumb money for it.
Cheers Don

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car, I think I see some burnt orange there as the original color.

Thanks detmatt and yes the original colour is FK5 burnt orange. I am just across from you in Windsor.
Cheers

I am hope to have the car on the road sometime late this summer. I will take a shot so you guys can see how bad the windsheild frame at the cowl is.
Cheers

You make it over the border often?

Here are a couple of shots of the cowl area
Donscars077.jpg

Donscars076.jpg

[
Donscars078.jpg
IMG]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h462/CRZNYT/Donscars075.jpg[/IMG]

I come over once in a while. I try to make it over for the Dream cruise every couple of years. It has gotten so big that it is hard to get around especially around 13 and 14 mile.
Cheers

Welcome aboard. I also have a 70 Polara ragtop with a 318. Fixed mine up about 10 years ago and kept it basically stock. I'm over in Grimsby. My car was originally from Colorado and had factory undercoating. Looks like you will be doing a bit of welding around the windshield but the car is certainly worth it IMHO. Maybe we'll see you at Moparfest?

I have never been to New Hamburg for Mopar fest, but I think this is going to be the year. I believe it is in August right?
Cheers Don

Looking forward to seeing it done, I always liked the dark burnt orange.

My Dad had a '60 Plymouth Sport? Suburban, it was a 9 passenger wagon, with the fancy anodized aluminum dash coverings, the square transparent metal flake steering wheel, wide chrome around the front wheel opening, a 395 Golden Commando, and a full roof rack. I can remember riding in the rear facing seat as a little kid, and remember being intrigued with the solid line speedometer.

Last edited:
That suburban would have been killer today, I would love to have one of those to go with the 60 ragtop.
They are a very cool car, either you love them or hate them.
My dad bought the car in 64 and we have had it ever since, he passed it down to me a few years ago and when my son and daughter get to the right age so will I.
Fratzog:
I got lucky a buddy of mine is going to make pieces and weld them in for me at a real good price.
I also managed to find a grill and head light bezels for it, may be out this year :p

Keep us posted with the pictures of that cowl repair. Good Luck!

Back