New fuel cell has major leak

There is never any pressure in it. It just holds the fuel ~5 gallons. Has a vent to atmosphere with a rollover check ball to prevent leaks when your up side down.
You guys are way overthinking this.
It's designed to be lightweight and have large fuel supply fitting.
You mount it far rearward and up high to aid in weight transfer in rotation around the axle.
No pressure in the tank, what do you think this is a 1908 Stutzs with a hand pump for the tank. Stick to your stock cars and just say "that's too bad Bob"

Last edited:
There is never any pressure in it. It just holds the fuel ~5 gallons. Has a vent to atmosphere with a rollover check ball to prevent leaks when your up side down.
You guys are way overthinking this.
It's designed to be lightweight and have large fuel supply fitting.
You mount it far rearward and up high to aid in weight transfer in rotation around the axle.
No pressure in the tank, what do you think this is a 1908 Drugs with a hand pump for the tank. Stick to your stock cars and just say "that's too bad Bob"
Yea I as wondering about psi testing a plastic fuel cell that has two vents & large inlet/outlet pipes. Every fuel cell I ever had when you take the cap off to refuel it doesn’t release any pressure. Anyway I called Summit back this morning & a new JAZ Cell is on the way. The tech guy was impressive. We discussed track tech procedures & he was right in there. Knew exactly what I was talking about.

bummer bob , well at least it happened at home and not when you drug it out to the track before finding this out . yes call summit and get it traded out .

Back