New Guy - '65 New Yorker

errick51

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just joined the group as a C-Body owner for the past 7 years. I was never really a MOPAR guy until I found and 'rescued' the Chrysler and can appreciate why this community loves these cars. It really has been a joy to work on and drive it. There was just something cool about it that spoke to me even in it's neglected condition in '08. I had to save it and glad I did! The car is pretty original inside and out. The original 413/727 runs great and I sometimes fight the urge to modify it because it's such a great motor and trans as-is. it's pretty well equipped with everything except tilt/tele column and cruise. I've restored the original A/C system down to the hoses. The only thing I have to do mechanically is fix the darn dash clock...

I have period-correct mods to wheels and paint and updated to disc front brakes. I opted for a Waldron factory-correct dual exhaust but with 'imposter' mufflers for a little extra rumble. I have either rebuilt, replaced or refreshed just about everything after decades of sitting and lack of maintenance and it has been worth it. Sadly I have more time and dough into it than market value but it's such a great machine - I don't care.

I'm a gearhead/architecture/history fanatic, mega-fan of Detroit, and old-school manufacturing culture. I also own a old Pontiac Streamliner and have a small collection of custom/vintage bicycles and appliances I've restored and tinker with. I'll post a photo history of the car and look forward to trading knowledge with all of you. Thanks!

1260.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Welcome and PLEASE show us a pic of the Streamliner..
My love for them goes back to when I was 5 and our neighbor had one.

Love it, love it, love it! Welcome again. Is that your house that you spoke of?

Hello from Minnesota. I like the scallops on the Chrysler, and those wide white walls look perfect with those wheels.

Man I love that Pontiac! that thing has balls it looks great with the red front end its different was that intentional?

Man I love that Pontiac! that thing has balls it looks great with the red front end its different was that intentional?

Thanks man. Yeah, the car used to be a '51 4 door sedan (red front clip, frame, and some of the trim). It needed body work. My dad suggested putting the effort into a more desirable bodystyle like a ragtop or fastback. I bought a really rotted out 2 door fastback (black) and we swapped cabs...

Thanks man. Yeah, the car used to be a '51 4 door sedan (red front clip, frame, and some of the trim). It needed body work. My dad suggested putting the effort into a more desirable bodystyle like a ragtop or fastback. I bought a really rotted out 2 door fastback (black) and we swapped cabs...
Lucky it had the same wheelbase.
Nice conversion.

Geeeze, the Indian is getting more attention here than the NY. Lol.

Back