New guy in NC; 65 New Yorker

BigblueC

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Colt, I live in NC.
I've been lurking here for the last few months as I have been getting my Chrysler back on the road. My car is a 65' New Yorker 4 door sedan (I'd prefer a 2 door 300 but I can't change that) that my grandpa bought from an estate sale in 85-6, which I commandeered and learned to drive when I was about 8 (I'm in my late 20's now). The car is all original, minus the Cragar wheels that are on it now. She's in decent shape for her age.

View attachment 60693

I'm sure I'll be leaning on you guys for knowledge when I run in to problems. I've already figured out this car is WAY harder to find correct parts for than my 64 Impalas. Hell it even seems harder to find parts for the Chrysler than the 50's Studebakers that my Grandpa had. Later guys.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Thanks guys. C Body Bob; I wish I would have joined here earlier. I spent about 6 months looking for a headlight switch. A couple of big mopar salvage sites told me they had never seen my switch number but I lucked up on ebay one day. I'm just now getting back to a financial position to start playing with my toys again so I'm sure I'll be looking for something soon. I'm going to try uploading the image again. Let me know if it doesn't show up and maybe we can figure the problem out. 120.jpg

120.jpg

Nice Town sedan, great color for it.

Welcome, Colt. I'm in Franklinton, actually almost Wilton. Maybe 10-15 miles from Bob. Fairly new here myself having joined in July.

Nice looking New Yorker with the extra back window. Love the color. Nice garage, too - very utilitarian 40s-50s look to it. Is that an early 70s Trans Am to the right?

Boomer your almost right, but it's a late 70's (79) TA that my dad bought new, then she spent the 90's sitting in the shed before we tore it all apart with a full "off-frame" restoration when I was 14-16.
IMG_20140904_195852.jpg

IMG_20140904_195852.jpg

Wishful thinking on my part - I like the early models the best, first 2-3 years. They're all cool cars, though. Common as dirt once, hardly seen these days, it seems. Glad you have one stashed away.

BTW, if you're interested in a 300 2 dr, let me know. Saw a '65 2 dr by the road recently, might be a NYR or Newport. Haven't stopped to check it out. Mine's a '66.

Back