New guy with a 68 Fury III

mrfury68

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Ron from Bethel Park PA, a suburb just south of Pittsburgh. I have owned my 68 Fury III formal roof hard top for nearly 33 years. The car had just moved to Pittsburgh from North Carolina when I spotted it for sale in the newspaper & only a few miles from my house. When I went to look at it & saw it was from NC & virtually rust free I had to have it. The Fury has the 2 bbl 383, air conditioning, power steering & power bench seat. I had the body stripped to bare metal and repainted the original yellow gold (code HH1) 30 years ago, it still looks great. Legendary seat covers & carpets brought the interior back to new condition & the front end rebuild with new shocks all around gave the full size Plymouth its famous torsion bar smooth ride. I added the Magnum 500 wheels 2 years ago. It was the look I always wanted. This car is so much fun to drive, especially on the open road, and it turns quite a few heads. My 13 year old son refers to it as "our" Fury, he's right. 063.jpg061.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

Welcome aboard and beautiful car! Don't think I've ever seen that particular model before. Our first family Mopar was a '68 Fury III 4 dr with a 318. My dad bought it off the back lot at a local dealer a bit dented up. Road salt eventually destroyed the body, but the engine still ran like new. I remember they test drove a 68 Sport Fury convertible with the 383. That thing would just lunge when you tapped the pedal!

Welcome from Minnesota. Sweet ride, and thanks for the pics!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That's my favorite roof for the slab sided Plymouth coupes and yours is very nice!

Its a beauty! I am the recent proud owner of a 67 Sport Fury Fast Top. It too has the Magnum wheels and certainly does draw some attention. The Fury's aren't your run of the mill car that you see at every cruise night.
fury3.jpg

fury3.jpg

Back