New meber with a 1971 Chrysler 300

Hansson72

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
My name is Ola and Im new to this forum but I have checked it out a lot during the last months. The reason is that during the spring I saw a nice 1971 chrysler 300 with sunroof on ebay.

$_59.jpg
And when searching the net about the car i found som information of it on this forum. At that time i owned a 1979 Trans AM that I had to get rid of before to make space in the garage to buy a real car again. It didn't take me long time to realise the Trans am wasn't the car for me. I'm into big cars with big engines and when I saw the chrysler I just had to have one. 7 years ago i had a -72 Chrysler New yorker Brougham so I knew how nice these cars can be.
. anyway, the car on ebay was sold and i forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago when it showed up on the site mobile.de. Whao... Now the car was in Holland and thats a little bit closer to me because i live in the southern parts of Sweden.

Pictures from Holland:
IMG_1251.jpg
It didn't take me long time on the phone with the seller before we agreed about the price. Suddenly i was the owner of the car and 9 day later i was in my garage.
Arriwal in Sweden, what a feeling!!

IPhone 058.jpg
IPhone 060.jpg

Im so happy... a chrysler 300 69-71 has always been a dream to me and finaly i got one.
Before this one i have owned 2 plymouth,1 Buick, 2 cadillac, 1 chrysler and 1 Trans Am but this one will be a keeper. Nothing beats this one, runs perfectly, interior is in very good shape, engine upgraded to 440 TNT specs. I think some of you will recognize the car.
During the winter all the side trim moulding will be straigthen, polished and reassemblied with new clips. And because the white vinyl on the top is faded in some places perhaps §the top will be black instead. ALso the power window i very slow to go up so I have to fix that,(any tips of what has to be done here?)
But first i have to do a registreation and a inspection berfore I'm alowed to drive it legaly on the roads... can barely wait.

hem2.jpg
hem5.jpg
hem1.jpg

hem3.jpg
hem4.jpg

hem5.jpg

hem3.jpg

hem4.jpg

hem2.jpg

hem1.jpg

$_59.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IPhone 058.jpg

IPhone 060.jpg

Welcome, love this car. My dad considered buying it a few years ago but stayed away because of the problems he had with other sunroof cars.

Please don't change the top color. That car came with a white interior, please do the right thing and put her back. Besides, white interiors are classy.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Glad you will be a part of this forum because that car is among my favorite fuselage Chryslers that I've seen and I would like to see it once in a while. I'm with Dave, please don't change the top color, that would knock it a little further down the list of favorites for me.

Thanks! But the interior will stay in black cause it's very good looking and I like black better, gives a more cosy feeling.

You've obviously never wrapped your *** in a white bucket seat interior.....

Hansson72, welcome!!! I'm so glad that we will see more of this car, it's beautiful! Although I agree with the white roof/white interior as stated above, you need to make it yours and it will be a great looker no matter what. Thanks for bringing this one back "home" for us to see!

Hi,

welcome here, nice 300 !
Please keep the white top, it is original that way.
You bought a rare car, not just an average 300 please leave it alone and respect its rarity.
I am sure it will grow on you.

Hope to see it next year in Västeras or Flakenberg

Greetings from germany

Carsten

Thanks everybody!
I hear what you say about the white top and you are probably right, I'l keep the top white but I'l never change the interior. With two kids with icecream and chocolatebars it's very handy with black vinyl.
To Carsten: yes i will go to Falkenberg and Powermeet in Västerås next year.

That's one great looking 300!

I usually prefer black tops, but the body color on your car is so dark that the black would just fade away... Trust me, I've seen this happening. So I'll join the choir in this case.

What comes to white interior... Well, someone has already changed it to black, so you can enjoy it as it is, it's your car after all. Besides, you can always go back to original someday.

Just remember to park in shade when the summer is hot. :laughing4:

Oh, and welcome!

Thanks everybody!
I hear what you say about the white top and you are probably right, I'l keep the top white but I'l never change the interior. With two kids with icecream and chocolatebars it's very handy with black vinyl.
To Carsten: yes i will go to Falkenberg and Powermeet in Västerås next year.

Great I am looking forward to meet you and the 300 next year

Carsten

Very cool .. and somewhat famous car

Welcome and thanks for posting pictures of this very nice car

Welcome to the site, Boy I remember seeing that one on E-bay when I was scouring for a Sport Fury Vert,
I was very interested because of the sun roof but having all of the parts for a Sport Fury Vert it made no sense to me to go for a 300. Plus my license plates would look stupid being on something other than a convertible.

Good luck with her she is one classic beauty.

Back