New member from Finland with 1967 Fury :)

jippek

Reaction score
Hi,

just joined this site, seems that here in Finland we have these -67 Furies more than expected :)

I come from middle of Finland (small town called Ähtäri) with wife and 3 kids and no cats (or any pet...:))

I have 3 mopars, 1967 Sport Fury convertible, 1984 Dodge Ram B250 and Chrysler Voyager 2005.

1967 Sport Fury convertible: 318 1974 engine, original 727 tranny, 8 3/4 rear axle. Originally bought on Christmas Eve 1966 in Michigan Great Rapids area and brought to Finland in 2007. I bought it in 2011 and ran it for the first summer and since then it has been under heavy restoration. Fender tag says:

CAR: Plymouth Sport Fury 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: December 13.
AXLE: 2.94 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Gold Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Spice Gold Metallic (Chrysler), Cinnamon Gold Metallic (Imperial).
OTHER: Black Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
Y1: Black Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

A couple of pictures from 2 years back:

DSCF0069.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

The status a month ago, on the way to the new paint shop:

null_zpsf51e1070.jpg

At the moment I am planning to paint the car to original color, altough my wife disagrees the golden colour... But kids are more than happy with "gold car", let's see now, should make the decision quite soon.

Anyway, this for the short presentation, I will try to open the project thread to another post :)

Regards,

JP

P.S. Here is the picture of the RAM:
c4ef3caa.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great to have you. It's hard to believe that that car and the car in the photobucket from the other thread are the same! Did you know how bad it was when you bought it or were these surprises? Being that the car is originally from Grand Rapids Michigan explains a lot, this is known as the rust belt.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Wow! she's a little rough. I can't wait to see the after pictures!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great to have you. It's hard to believe that that car and the car in the photobucket from the other thread are the same! Did you know how bad it was when you bought it or were these surprises? Being that the car is originally from Grand Rapids Michigan explains a lot, this is known as the rust belt.

Thanks, nice to find such an active site :)

The trunk was a bit of surprise, it seemed to be fine, but after sandblasting we decided to cut the whole trunk floor away :) The quarter panels I had already acquired from the Ebay before sandblasting. Those will help a lot when putting this back together. Unfortunately the trunk floor is too big to ship in one piece to Finland, so we will make it our selves. The firewall was also a bit of surprise, there were amazing amount of tiny holes...

Anyway, since we got started, there is no point to take any short cuts. This one is a keeper ;)

Welcome aboard. Nice Fury BTW. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. It's mind boggling the number of nice NA classic cars that have ended up in Scandinavia. WRT your choice of colour keep in mind Finland winters are long and cold so happy wife = happy life LOL.

Back