New Member with a 1967 Polara 500 Convertible

:sSig_greetingsthor:.............. :welcome:

Better late then never ........

Love the Dodge. looks like it was red under the primer. What a lucky guy.

Very nice.

I bought a 67 Polara 500 Convertible 383 4 bbl four years ago for $4000. Mine was probably not in as nice condition as yours.

I had been looking for a C-body convertible for a while and this was the only one anywhere near here. I used to live in St. Louis and in the late 90s missed on a 66 Newport three in the tree convertible and a 69 Chrysler 300 Convertible due to money and marriage considerations so I was happy when I finally bought this one. Also there was a bright red 68 Chrysler 300 Convertible at a local dealer about 10 years ago but it did not really appear to be for sale?

My car is getting painted and should be done soon. The painting is finished and it is now down to buffing and reassembly. Some modifications have been made which may annoy a few of the members here. I have decided on a "white out" with the bumpers painted body color and had all of the badging and antenna removed except for the fins at the front. The car is going to be tutone with blue at the bottom and silver on top.

Into the painting process it became apparent that my car had been hit at the front and at the rear and also on the drivers side. Nothing dramatic but enough to make the job more tedious and more expensive. There was also a little rust behind the rear wheels which was not obvious. A neighbor / friend who paints cars professionally is doing all of the work so I am getting a pretty good deal although still lots of money.

Also I will have a set of 15" x 7" Mopar steel wheels (mid 80s vintage) painted body color with period correct dog dish hubcaps. The sand blaster just called that the wheels are done so the will be getting picked up today.

Attached is a photo from when I bought the car.

Good luck with your car. They sure are fun.

67 polara convertible.jpg

Very Nice Car FLJ. I am looking to put the same wheels that you have in your picture on my car.

I do like the appearance of the chrome baby moon hubcaps but the wheels that were on the car were really cheap as in poorly made.
I also prefer hubcentric wheels where the hole in the middle of the wheel fits exactly onto the spindle or axle. This helps center the wheel and in my opinion just works better.

The wheels that are on my car now are factory Mopar steel wheels from the late 70s into mid 80s that came on the rear wheel drive cars like Diplomats, New Yorkers, Gran Furys etc. They are Mopar 15" x 7" JJ and fit the C-body cars perfectly.

The current wheels are a set that I purchased from the local Pull and Save and had powder coated. The powder coating is awesomely tough but difficult to color match. I went with a blue color but should have done them in black.

Since I am getting my car painted I purchased another set of these wheels and will get them painted the correct body color.

At the local Pull and Save these wheels are $12 each with a tire on. You have to pull them the wheels off the car. Then you need to spend $4 to remove the tire. The sand blasting was $17 each. If you paint them yourself you can get into the wheels for a little over $30 each.

We are being overrun by Monaco slab converts ... which is a very good thing !

attachment.php

Awesome! See my post. I too just purchased a rag top Polara. 1968.

saw it .. and Jealous :)

Very Nice Car FLJ. I am looking to put the same wheels that you have in your picture on my car.

Congrats again and keep it rolling Land Shark

Back