new project

If you're staying with 14" wheels, I think I have a set of 65 Plymouth wheelcovers.
here is how sick i am the day before i picked up the car i bought a set of oem spinners caps in real decent shape for 75 bucks.im sick it turns out if i didn't pick them up another guy offered him 100 if i didn't show up.people still keep thier word .

day 1 seems good tires were low at some point i need to change them but i got them air and what ya know the car looks even better.lol.the door panels are good but the backing board is not.i thought the material was glued to them but its not so not to bad to change them.1 panel had some silver paint someone tried to spray the plastic door handle got some on the panel.but i tried some mineral spirits on the hidden part of the material on the back no color change so i tired a little and a little its off i have 4 good looking panels. so far day 1 is awesome.sure hope this leaking oil on manifold exhaust is not an issue and the black liquid coming out the exhaust is this easy.once again my hats off to you guys for the welcome and the advice.

Just saw the pics,,,sweet! You did really well!

Congratulations! Nice score. IMHO and as indicated above by others first order of business is get it sorted out mechanically. Then check on the quality of body work (if any) previously done to the car. Properly welded in floors may be a good sign that the PO wasn't a fly by nighter and did an equally good job on the outside panels.

Congratulations! Nice score. IMHO and as indicated above by others first order of business is get it sorted out mechanically. Then check on the quality of body work (if any) previously done to the car. Properly welded in floors may be a good sign that the PO wasn't a fly by nighter and did an equally good job on the outside panels.
hi thanks for checking my post and the advice.so far i think the oil out the exhaust port to the muffler was due to the fact that the oil port on the back side of the passenger side head was a little pluged and for some reason the clip to hold the choke rod in place was by the hole?we figured the valve cover leaked onto the exhaust manifold causing smoke under the hood.thats one the other problem is oil blowing out the back of the exhaust caused but the valve cover filling and going by the valve stem seal into the exhaust port as well .but my next step is to try to clear both oil return holes change the oil and filter and retry to run it again if that clears it up.im going to pull the intake off both heads do valve stem seals clean the heads surface and holes and put it back together.i hope if I'm missing something let me know.as far as the body not to much if any body work on the fenders or quarters was done a small spot if that and the truck lid needs a touch up.so far i think I'm ok.if it is more than this like a motor i need to this on the cheap as possible side.but ill see if i need to do that.again thanks for checking my post and advice this is awesome .

ok back from a extra long weekend of being off now back to my hobby let the fury continue

What is your next project on the car? What are you looking for it to be? Keep us posted.

What is your next project on the car? What are you looking for it to be? Keep us posted.
first thing next is to order brake parts wheel cylinders and master does anyone know the part number for the manual master cylinder i am trying to get the car together to bring home then convert to power setup if i keep it.so far so good she is a doll

tried to get drums off what a job got one off car has been sitting for 2 years rear brake on one wheel looks good just need to get the rest off check for a leak i need to fix these to get the car home if i can do the motor work it needs

It's a poly alright! :thumbsup: Welcome!!
I just finished a 4600 mile trek with my Poly 318! Great engine

first thing next is to order brake parts wheel cylinders and master does anyone know the part number for the manual master cylinder i am trying to get the car together to bring home then convert to power setup if i keep it.so far so good she is a doll

RockAuto.com ....

It's a poly alright! :thumbsup: Welcome!!
I just finished a 4600 mile trek with my Poly 318! Great engine
the numbers next to the water neck decode it as a 383 is it still a poly engine have only had a couple duster's so this is new to me those were 225 slant 6 to

question here i got all three drums off but pass side front won't budge i even loosen up the front outer bearing and the hob just rest on one side pointing down but it won't turn the hub at all.it seems the star wheel won't turn to loosen or tighten just to be sure wich way should i start to turn the star wheel start down at the ground and angle up to loosen it or start up under the floor and push down to the ground? also any other ideas would help also

you have to push the self adjuster in from the top of the adjuster with a very thin screw driver then rotate from the top to the bottom with another flat balded screw driver of adjuster tool Have a look in the FSM and it will give you a good idea on how to back it off.

thanks will try again tommorow i looked at the front driver side and did the same but maybe its the other way.i have the service manual and just wanted to double check either way another day done and three drums off better than yesterday.forward motion, so far they look a little rusty under the drum but it doesn't look bad the brakes either if i can get this other drum off it might be just finding a leak because the master cylinder is empty just want to get it pumped up find the leak and fix it till i get it home then work on new lines and clean up each drum area and fix each one so its the way it should be for a trust worth driver.would like to upgrade to a power master at some point because its manual drum ,drum brake system.my buddy has a caddy with drums and power booster its nice i could live with that any ideas how to upgrade this end.

thanks will try again tommorow i looked at the front driver side and did the same but maybe its the other way.i have the service manual and just wanted to double check either way another day done and three drums off better than yesterday.forward motion, so far they look a little rusty under the drum but it doesn't look bad the brakes either if i can get this other drum off it might be just finding a leak because the master cylinder is empty just want to get it pumped up find the leak and fix it till i get it home then work on new lines and clean up each drum area and fix each one so its the way it should be for a trust worth driver.would like to upgrade to a power master at some point because its manual drum ,drum brake system.my buddy has a caddy with drums and power booster its nice i could live with that any ideas how to upgrade this end.
there are a few ways to upgrade.
I stayed with the drum brakes and bought a Power booster with a dual pot M/C for a 1967 setup and a proportioning valve for the same year
All 1967
You have to scout out a power brake pedal assembly as well.

You can hunt down the holy grail of brakes which is a 73 power brake and disc brake setup which is getting harder to find.
It's a bolt in upgrade but again you need the proportioning valve, PB pedal assembly booster and M/C for a 73.
Some go with a 1968 P/B and M/C setup

Google it and research it here. there are a number of members that havegone this route.

Personally, fix what you have and then upgrade after

Last edited:
there are a few ways to upgrade.
I stayed with the drum brakes and bought a Power booster with a dual pot M/C for a 1967 setup and a proportioning valve for the same year
All 1967
You have to scout out a power brake pedal assembly as well.

You can hunt down the holy grail of brakes which is a 73 power brake and disc brake setup which is getting harder to find.
It's a bolt in upgrade but again you need the proportioning valve, PB pedal assembly booster and M/C for a 73.
Some go wit ha 1968 P/B and M/C setup

Google it and research it here. there are a number of members that havegone this route.

Personally, fix what you have and then upgrade after
yes thats my plan i just want i have right now to work till i get it home thanks.after the brakes its i believe valve seals or head gaskets thanks again for the advice its something I'm thinking about while I'm doing this right now

Back