new shoes for the old girl

saylor

Reaction score
new-wheels.jpg let the whining begin!

new-wheels.jpg

p225 75 15 just clears the front quarter. backs not on yet. tomorrow morning,, its too damn hot already. tire shop dude called and old guy to talk about these clearing the skirts or not... these are -6mm (-1/4" about for us muricans)

>Insert bite my tongue smiley<

I had a Superior wheel similar to those in 1983, I liked them then, not now.

well, nothings easy, right? . . . the stupid rear fender wont clear the tire - what I mean is, I cant tilt the old wheel far enough to slide it out,, I think the car needs to be like 4ft off the ground so the tire can drop straight down...my jack is only 15" lift and its not even close. this is just the fender in the way - I pulled the skirts off,, still not enough room...I let all the air out of one old tire, and pushed it thru,,, but put it back on - im going to take it to discount tire and let them do it on a lift. the old tire is a 225 width and so is the new tire,, so I know it will go in there. somehow.

goin from 225 70 14 to 225 75 15 for sure gave the car a taller stance.... im feelin it. I cant wait to get the damn rear wheels on... maybe tomorrow morning. I still haven't bled the brakes yet.. I don't have a pedal man right now everyone at work... I took the week off to finish this car . . .sigh

The only way to get my back wheels in or out is to lift both sides of the car and put it on jack stands so the axle hangs at full travel. Then they can be removed. I was some PO'd when I took off the 14s with the floor jack under the diff and then couldn't get the new ones on.

thats it ^^ ! i was lifting from the pumpkin... i need the suspension to drop lower... where to lift from besides pumpkin without killing anything?

help me get my back wheels on :)

I was lifting from the pumpkin, and did not have enough clearance....

can I lift from in front of the leaf springs on the frame? a side at a time instead of the whole back half ?

Yep you can lift from spring perches or bumper etc. Idea is to get the the rear suspension at full travel. You can lift from any frame area or well supported spot to get the rear springs completely unloaded. You want them both unloaded at the same time to get full travel.

Last edited:
success! I put a jack on each side with a good block of wood on top and lifted equally both sides...easy peasy to get the old wheel out, and new ones in. I dont think any bigger than a 225 75 15 would be fun though. thanks dudes for the help!

success! I put a jack on each side with a good block of wood on top and lifted equally both sides...easy peasy to get the old wheel out, and new ones in. I dont think any bigger than a 225 75 15 would be fun though. thanks dudes for the help!

No problemo senioreno

Back