New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

Is this your new mechanic?

191E5ED3-B8DC-4DAA-B338-63AA5BD50761.jpeg

Here’s my youngest lending a hand. Installing the new pick up that I didn’t have to jury rig.

C659172D-3791-4BF6-87B7-BB7571886F66.jpeg

We start with a check of the new pick up.

4BB6E394-8FFB-4C92-A80D-CA60F1CD1D26.jpeg

Before pulling the distributor, a quick picture to record location.

5E6E8961-7B19-418B-9A8F-E7B55AD78171.jpeg

Reinstalling the distributor

8ACAFE33-667C-42D0-AFFA-F31740645B20.jpeg

Satisfied look of success after she started the car... now on to check replace the A/C compressor manifold high end seal.

Tomorrow, we tackle the window.

Last edited:
Boys her age should start getting in line now to marry her down the road.
I can almost picture it now... the shot gun Javier cleans anytime they have a little fella sniffing around... If the Miami boys have any sense, he should wear out the blueing before they're safely married. :lol:

My friend Newp (Mike) in Indiana wife knows more about Formals than most guys. She can even get her hand behind the instrument panel on a Formal while still mounted on the car with just the dash pad removed. And.....she knows where all the bulbs are at. She swapped out all of mine several years ago. She was done in less than 30 minutes. I couldn't even get one bulb out with it mounted.

Here’s my youngest lending a hand. Installing the new pick up that I didn’t have to jury rig.

View attachment 217018
We start with a check of the new pick up.

View attachment 217019
Before pulling the distributor, a quick picture to record location.

View attachment 217020

Reinstalling the distributor

View attachment 217021

Satisfied look of success after she started the car... now on to check replace the A/C compressor manifold high end seal.

Tomorrow, we tackle the window.

Very cool that she is hanging out with Dad working on cars!
:thumbsup:

Today, I awoke to sound of the vacuum cleaner.

I got up to do the usual things when I felt my nubile young bride bumping me from behind saying she needed to get to the hamper in a less than her usual melodic dulcet tone.

I realized it was a “Honey whatever you want kind of day”..... she just harrumphed “Door”

So I spent the day working on refinishing the front door after releasing my new apprentice to go to the beach with some friends.

4 hours, two steel wool pads and 3/4 of a can of Howard’s Restore a Finish (mahogany) later I had the outside looking almost as good as the inside.

No work on any car today..... but satisfying nonetheless. Especially, the big kiss I got from the now tamed woman when she saw the final result.

Oh well....

E0E4F136-E0D1-43B1-B537-D2B9070C232C.jpeg

72D763C1-2926-4660-B4B9-EC290B422AE6.jpeg

150677F5-00C8-444D-AAA3-A6D783F4D74F.jpeg

Last edited:
Today, I woke to sound of the vacuum cleaner.

I got up to do the usual things when I felt my nubile young bride bumping me from behind saying she needed to get to the hamper in a less than her usual melodic dulcet tone.

I realized it was a “Honey whatever you want kind of day”..... she just harrumphed “Door”

So I spent the day working on refinishing the front door after releasing my new apprentice to go to the beach with some friends.

4 hours, two steel wool pads and 3/4 of a can of Howard’s Restore a Finish (mahogany) later I had the outside looking almost as good as the inside.

No work on any car today..... but satisfying. Especially the big kiss I got from tamed woman later when she saw the final result.

Oh well....

View attachment 217468

View attachment 217469

View attachment 217470
You’re a good Man Charlie Brown...

Drove the NYB this morning and she’s a changed woman. Eager and smooth cold start, and, other than a little vibration from the compressor at idle, even under power.

Smooth low idle, not banging into gear.

Bath day.

image.jpg

Good girl.

Last edited:

No work on any car today..... but satisfying nonetheless. Especially, the big kiss I got from the now tamed woman when she saw the final result.

Oh well....

View attachment 217468

View attachment 217469

View attachment 217470

Beautiful Doors!

Oh well....

View attachment 217468

View attachment 217469

View attachment 217470
Wonderful Work!

Drove the NYB this morning and she’s a changed woman. Eager and smooth cold start, and, other than a little vibration from the compressor at idle, even under power.

Bath day.

View attachment 217531

Good girl.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a picture of her since you’ve owned her with the sunroof open? Obviously not during bath time, but! :realcrazy::(

How's your daughter with a Thermoquad? Maybe she can get the engine to run right... :lol:

Bath day.

View attachment 217531

Good girl.
Had to point this out... :rofl:

Back