New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

73 T&C

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought it on Christmas Day out of Livermore CA from an estate sale. eBay find.... Go figure!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's some pictures of what I had to work with so wish me luck.... Can't wait to see it, clean it up and sort it out.

Lived in a hanger and owned by an airplane mechanic.... Or so the story goes looked to be original from the pictures. Already bought the FSM and Parts book.

Yes indeed, it does have the sunroof and a host of options. Soon as it gets here ( on its way tomorrow) I will be decoding the fender tag and post the results.

I see I'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight

I'm planning on a grotesque amount of pictures and questions to entertain and perplex you all in the coming weeks.

Meantime.... Here's a little story about me and my dad that sort of goes with this car......

Back in 78, I was a young strap of a 15 year old boy and small for my age. My dad was going to go to the miami beach auto show with a bunch of his friends, always a big event, and invited me to tag along. I've always loved cars and since we got our wagon in late 73, I also liked Chryslers.

I drooled over the corvettes and mustangs, ogled the Ferrari and Maserati stands and had a great time. I was so happy to get the invite to be part of the my dad's group of friends. My dad was an architect and he would point out the design flaws he would see on the cars he liked much like he would for a building, a toaster or chair. I guess I inherited that as well as his profession and constantly do the same.

When we got to the Chrysler stand, my dad fell in love with the dove grey NYB on the floor and I remember looking very closely at the design. We both got in and saw how big and comfortable the car felt even though we both disliked the velour interior. We marveled at the visibility and both reveled in the sheer enormity of the beast in comparison the the Cadillacs, Buicks and Oldsmobiles of that year. Then my dad looked at the sticker price and did something which surprised me. He paused for a moment then looked at the tire sticker by the door and quickly calculated then quietly announced with a perfectly straight face that the 78 Chrysler New Yorker Brogham was the cheapest luxury car on the market....... On a cost per pound basis.

We all howled!

It was a great day

I'm planning on a grotesque amount of pictures and questions to entertain and perplex you all in the coming weeks.

Meantime.... Here's a little story about me and my dad that sort of goes with this car......

Back in 78, I was a young strap of a 15 year old boy and small for my age. My dad was going to go to the miami beach auto show with a bunch of his friends, always a big event, and invited me to tag along. I've always loved cars and since we got our wagon in late 73, I also liked Chryslers.

I drooled over the corvettes and mustangs, ogled the Ferrari and Maserati stands and had a great time. I was so happy to get the invite to be part of the my dad's group of friends. My dad was an architect and he would point out the design flaws he would see on the cars he liked much like he would for a building, a toaster or chair. I guess I inherited that as well as his profession and constantly do the same.

When we got to the Chrysler stand, my dad fell in love with the dove grey NYB on the floor and I remember looking very closely at the design. We both got in and saw how big and comfortable the car felt even though we both disliked the velour interior. We marveled at the visibility and both reveled in the sheer enormity of the beast in comparison the the Cadillacs, Buicks and Oldsmobiles of that year. Then my dad looked at the sticker price and did something which surprised me. He paused for a moment then looked at the tire sticker by the door and quickly calculated then quietly announced with a perfectly straight face that the 78 Chrysler New Yorker Brogham was the cheapest luxury car on the market....... On a cost per pound basis.

We all howled!

It was a great day
Nice 78 you've found there... I hope to see her in the future. The interior looks to still be in good condition, I'm interested to find out how she checks out upon delivery.

Congrats! It looks like a fine example.

When the car was on eBay, was it posted here?
I checked the SOLD listings on ebay and couldn't find it there, either.

Interior is very tasty looking:thumbsup:
And it does have a SUNROOF! My car is too 78' with sunroof but it is 2d...

Back