New to the forum 1965 Fury III 2 door hard top

64gmc, looks like you have a good project on your hands. It's going to be fun putting it back together. There are a few parts sites that you can go to and email them your list. The parts won't be cheap for your car, but you'll find them. As far as my car, it needs the deck lid emblem and could use newer rear light housing. I had good ones, but my car was hit last weekend,..not bad,..but bad enough. Here is a few pics of my car. If you have time can you post some more pictures of yours. We like pics here of everything. You've come to the right place for help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

66sportfury--- That's a damn good looking car! Shame it got hit. I like the painted bumper look on the front. And we are going to paint ours red with a black top and black interior. I might be able to save the bumpers we got if I paint them! I like it! I was talking to the wife and we got to looking at the pics on her camera and I'm sorry to say but the 66 is a fury III not a sport. But I think the tail lights might be I good shape? Do u know if I use the trunk lid from the 66 on the 65 will it work? Until that is I find tail lights if I have to?

No, no, no. Don't molest that 65 with a 66 deck lid. It won't work anyway,.different animal. Seems the deck lid on your 65 is fine. Get it fixed to keep it right. Find the parts to make it correct. Like I said some of the parts from the 66 will be exact, but to take a 66 deck lid, and put it on a 65 is just wrong. Sorry to be so (holy ****), but don't do it and it won't work..!!!

Yes, if the light housings are ok on your 66,.. post close up pictures of all angles and let me know a price. Thanks for looking at them for me.

Oh ok now I see the difference. I guess that won't work then lol. I didn't look at the 66 rear good enough. I didn't see that the tail lights are that much higher and bumper was that much taller. Very good. Then I'll strike that idea then thanks guys.

IMG_1489.jpgIMG_1485.jpgIMG_1484.jpgIMG_1483.jpgIMG_1482.jpgIMG_1481.jpgIMG_1478.jpgIMG_1477.jpgIMG_1476.jpgIMG_1486.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

Got the seats and carpet out found a real solid floor pan. and I added some pics of the worst damage. all easy fixes with a little hard work!

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1271.jpgIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1272.jpg100_0096.jpg

And as promised a few shots of the 64 GMC. The first 3 are what it looks like now. I'm getting ready to paint it satin black. the 4th pic is what it looked like before I found the new less rusted cab. It's also primer that I tinted to get the dark grey color.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

100_0096.jpg

Thanks guy. I liked the way it looked also but the ledge above the windshield had a lot of body filler. And they didn't make that repair panel. So when I found a truck with a cab with no rust for $200 I bought it. I had to repair a few spots in the floor but nothing major.

You may also notice there are no turn signal in the hood any more. I put them in the grille. It now runs a 350/350 combo. Has the a arms and disc brakes for a 85 c10 and the 12 bolt rear from the same truck. Other mods are it had leaf springs in the rear "all GMC's did unless Canadian" now it has the 3 point from the Chevy truck I got the cab from. Rides so much better.

Wow, $200 is a steal for a decent cab. Pick-ups are so much easier to work on than a full-size car and alot less intricate. You can always add your own personal touches like power windows, air conditioning,etc. The interiors are so basic that it doesn't cost alot to make them look good too. Looks like you've got something good going there!

Welcome to the board! I have a 65 Sport fury that I have a thread going on right now. I do have some 65 parts that I might be able to let go if you are missing them. I do have an extra grille and 3 sets of head light bucket trim. I also have the comando badges from the fenders and I think I am going to take the plymouth off of my hood and fill in the holes so I could part with those. I also have a finish panel for the trunk but it is not in the greatest of shape. I am also going to pull all of the side trim off of mine as well. So let me know, shoot me a PM and I will see what we can get together for you.

Jason

Greasemonkeyman-- $200 bought the cab, fenders, and rear suspension. All I had to give the guy back was front suspension and the 3 speed tranny.

66sportfury-- thanks but it has to go satin black. I like the primer too but it just won't hold up to the weather.

Bjs-- pm sent and thanks for the welcome.

Greasemonkeyman-- $200 bought the cab, fenders, and rear suspension. All I had to give the guy back was front suspension and the 3 speed tranny.

66sportfury-- thanks but it has to go satin black. I like the primer too but it just won't hold up to the weather.

Bjs-- pm sent and thanks for the welcome.

I meant the satin black. Looks great man!

Back