New to the site

I have a friend that has an immaculate green 1978 NY'er 4 door with a 440. He comes to the Lowe's car show weekly to talk about C-bodies and always asking to buy parts from me. I asked him why he didn't bring his to the show and he said he has to find bumpers before bringing his car to any show. I drove past his house and I couldn't believe the condition of the NY'er. Car was immaculate and bumpers completely rusted out. I sold him my old bumpers. His NY'er looks 1000% better than mine. And looks great in green with a white vinyl top. He also had about 20 others cars in his yard and surrounding his house. The NY'er was the only mopar.

They will after the nut cases start fueding over one or two at B-J or Mecum auctions and get a little tv time.

WOW! Thanks everyone. I am really looking forward to the process. I feel the sunroof really adds to the effect. And yes polara71, layin back in those cushy seats starring at the stars would be awesome as well. This is my 5th driver(1st resto though) and everyone is better than the one before. It would be cool to somehow get the value up on these cars, but, I for one, know that what im going to have in this ride will never depreciate to the value of its worth. I just dont see it. I do however believe that in approx 5-7 years they will become increasingly more valuable. The amount thats getting parted out, crushed, derbied, and restored are increasing everyday. This limited supply cant last too much longer.
On a brighter note, my car is almost stripped down. Halfway through the engine compartment, then rear and leafs and it will be ready to be brought back to life

Lot # 561

138592_Front_3-4_T.JPG

Lot #641

137598_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot # 664

138338_Front_3-4_T.JPG

I'd like to go to Mecum Kissimme this month but it's a mob scene there. And the prices are more stupid, comparatively, than B-J and R&M.

I'd like to go to Mecum Kissimme this month but it's a mob scene there. And the prices are more stupid, comparatively, than B-J and R&M.

I've never been to any of them. I would like to go to just walk around and look at the cars in the lot. I would have to be insanely interested to try to go to the auction block and try to buy something.

Lot 1000.2

137971_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot # 1034
1st 440 6 pack produced and used in Motorama

139595_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot # 1074

138057_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot # 1105

The only Plum Crazy 4 speed Challenger built in 1971

139594_Front_3-4_T.jpg

Lot # 1107

138508_Front_3-4_T.JPG

Lot # 7004

137749_Front_3-4_T.jpg

There were a few original Hemi B & E's that are always interesting. I think the prices will continue to drop for the Hemi super cars this year too.

Welcome to the list and good luck with the restoration!

Lot # 1105
The only Plum Crazy 4 speed Challenger built in 1971
Any description of the cars should be suspect. If you claimed that Bridget Bardot left a stain on the passenger seat, they'd put that in the description no questions asked.

For what it's worth, I have gone to the previewing of two mega car auctions down here.
Milling around in the warehouse with all the slimeballs buying and selling just made me eager to get home and take a shower I felt so dirty.

Last edited:
Any description of the cars should be suspect. If you claimed that Bridget Bardot left a stain on the passenger seat, they'd put that in the description no questions asked.

For what it's worth, I have gone to the previewing of two mega car auctions down here.
Milling around in the warehouse with all the slimeballs buying and selling just made me eager to get home and take a shower I felt so dirty.

Just reporting what was advertised.

Lot # 561

138592_Front_3-4_T.JPG

Seen this car in person back in '10

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Guy did it up, had it for a couple years, then decided to sell it.. Don't really agree with what he did, but what can you do.

The car sold back on sep 23rd 2012 on ebay for $5800. The buyer was a classic car dealer (flipper), and is still trying to sell the car for $14,900.

http://www.kcclassicauto.com/1974_Dodge_Monaco_Bluesmobile-648.html

Thanks for the heads up Bob! Hopefully they air it on tv. I'd love to see it.

If the later model c bodies/formals were the next big thing, I see it going 2 ways. It would be nice seeing parts being re-popped. But also as mentioned the price of them are gonna go up. Nice if your trying to sell, but shitty when trying to buy.

Back