New to the site

"Wow! I see it now"

need-glasses-620x250.jpg

need-glasses-620x250.jpg

I PM'd him on the roof rail seals. They are as bad as the ones I have.

I thought I had a good set from the NY'er in Texas. Didn't pan out. I'm sure I'll find a set eventually.

I'm always looking and have my ears open. I'll find a good set eventually or if we are really, really lucky......one of the aftermarketers will produce them.

Would just like to say hello to everyone. While I am no stranger to the 74-78 C-body, I am somewhat new to the site. I have been following a few different threads on here for the last couple of months now and figured its time to become a member. There seems to be alot more activity here than a few other sites I have visited in the past.

After puchasing my 77 NYB last Feb, I have finally decided to pull it in my garage and start the restoration project. Here are a few pics
View attachment 7472View attachment 7473View attachment 7474View attachment 7475

View attachment 7476View attachment 7477View attachment 7478View attachment 7479View attachment 7480View attachment 7481

I started stripping the car down 7 days ago today and have it almost stripped down minus the engine compartment and glass(which i will post questions in the appropriate forum). Looking forward to the project and long long journey of putting it all back together. Also hoping to do business with a few you as well. Thanks for reading, Mike

Well guys, after about 9months away from the site(and away from my project :( ), im back at it. Hoping to get my shop cleaned out so i can roll her in. First step will be to pull the sub, rear end, and inner bumper skins and send em off to PCP for powder coating. They also do rhino lining. Any thoughts on rhino lining the bottom side of the car? I was thinking from the body seam center of cowl, down, amd back to the back bumper? Pros? Cons? The car will never be drove in the rain and when its complete, it will never be stored out in the cold or damp weather so moisture between the lining and sheet metal shouldnt be an issue. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance. Look forward to catching up on everything ive missed since my extended holiday from the site

Don't know about this specific product but those structured undercoatings will quickly be hurt IMHO from all the stuff you throw up with the tires simply by driving. No matter how the car's used a transparent wax over a good paint job and sealed seams in the splash area is the best choice to my experience. It can easily be removed or touched up if needed.

If I had an unlimited budget, I'd blast it down to bare metal, give it an epoxy primer coat, spray on bedliner, and then top coat with the finished color everything up to the rocker panels.

It HAS been a long time in wait. I run a plaster company and winters are usually my down time. I don't have an unlimited budget but have friends in all necessary skills/trades. What commando described is exactly what I'm contemplating. Any foreseen issues with going with this route?

Back