Newbie w/ a 64 newport!

tunertony

Reaction score
What is up guys. Just joined the other day and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony and i am from Mass. Picked up a 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr HT w/ a 361.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice. Don't see too many 64 Newports with 2drs. if at all. So what's the story?? Where/how did you find it? More pics (engine, interior)?

Hi, Tony. Former life-long Boston boy here.
I have an affinity for those 63/64 basic Newport 2 doors.
Welcome to FCBO.

Found it at a used car lot that sells classics. I saw this car and fell in love with it. I've put a new thermostat, new custom dual exhaust with flowmaster 40's, and rebuilt the alternator.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Is it as solid as it looks? Nice score!

It is indeed as solid as it looks. Only issue I'm having is the dash lights do not turn on. I found that they blink if the hi beams are on and I'm turning right. I'm going to take it apart this weekend.

How's your car been running, David?

Smooth as butter. We recently took it on a little trip to Brimfield (antiques for my wife, BBQ for me). 120 miles on the pike @75 mph (or more). Plus almost an hour in stop/go once we got off the highway. The car never missed a beat. No question that Mark & Bruce really whipped it into shape. Now I keep looking for excuses to go for a drive...

Back