Newby 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible

A man expresses his likes and dislikes along with everyone else in here and look who gets nailed to the cross...
I forgive you all.

A man expresses his likes and dislikes along with everyone else in here and look who gets nailed to the cross...
I forgive you all.
It's ok I will pull the nails out no problem but you will need to get the medics to bandage those wrists cos i don't like blood:yaayy:

Hello C Bodies,
Thanks for all your thoughts, starting to sound like it's not a Rose Bowl Car. I took some new pics today and have added to post, hope I'm not breaking protocol by adding to many pics. The tag you asked for is one, door tag has a date of 9-19-69 and #DL27TOD119129, production # of 8-13 It Has a 440 bored 60 over and other performance goodies. I hope the new pics tell more of the car. forcbodiesonly.com 004.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 005.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 006.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 007.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 008.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 009.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 010.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 011.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 012.jpgforcbodiesonly.com 013.jpg I took it to bare metal and had it painted the original color. Hope I didn't keep anyone up all night!!
THX
Ruger

forcbodiesonly.com 004.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 005.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 006.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 007.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 008.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 009.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 010.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 011.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 012.jpg

forcbodiesonly.com 013.jpg

Nice convertible with many options. Looks like the original color on the car too. I sold one almost identical to Finland a few years ago. It was also a California car. How many miles on yours - it still seems to be in very nice condition. In what part of California are you located?
Steve

Welcome Ruger!

That's a very fine looking convertible you have there.

I took it to bare metal and had it painted the original color. Hope I didn't keep anyone up all night!!
THX
Ruger

Lucky for me it wasnt for sale and I wasnt buying so I was able to get some sleep, SOME sleep.

Thank You for all the photos, we all love photos here, the more the better, only trouble you get into here is when you dont post pics....

Yeah, thats not a Rose Bowl car, though similarly opted like one. Do you know if the Superlite is original to the car? I noticed the N95 code which is an emissions control which is indicative of a California car, you probably have that vent in the trunk too. I have yet to see a Superlite 70' on a California car. I really thought / think they werent available there in 1970. L36 is the code for the SL but that would be on the build sheet, not the tag. Have you found a build sheet?

Nice car! Welcome! Interesting, that is one packed fender tag, every option except A/C...:sFun_doh2:

Sure is a beauty, please tell us more on how long you've had it, where you've found it...I sure would like to add that to the fleet

Nice car! Welcome! Interesting, that is one packed fender tag, every option except A/C...:sFun_doh2:

Looks like its opted for power locks but I dont see them. You're correct, no AC on a CA car..... peculiar .

There are a few more missing but It sure would do

137248 2001 dash switch bezel.jpg

See that little black bezel there? That is the switch location on convertibles, wagons and rear defogger cars

137248 2001 dash switch bezel.jpg

So this one was previously unknown to you Dave?

So this one was previously unknown to you Dave?

Yes, and for the first time of searching I have located two FK5 cars back to back. I am really looking forward to hearing the story on this one.

I am curious to know what parts he was picking up and from whom to know of the R B cars

I believe there are a lot more survivors than we all think that are still on this planet.

Back