Newby 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible

Is there some relation to the build dates relative to the Tags that have the Y codes? They were all built at same plant or was there a west coast plant building these too?

Is there some relation to the build dates relative to the Tags that have the Y codes? They were all built at same plant or was there a west coast plant building these too?

All built at the same plant. No relation on dates, some have them some do not

Y codes.........................

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y05[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-70[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Build to USA Specs[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y07[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-70[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Build to Canada Specs[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y09[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-70[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Build to Specs for Export[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y11[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Domestic Publications[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y13[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Dealer Demo[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y14[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Sold Car[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y15[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Direct Sale[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y16[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Sales Bank[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y17[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Corporate Lease Car System[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y22[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Corporate Lease Car - Executive[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y28[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Company Car/Public Relations[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y33[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Fleet Sales[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y37[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Outside Modification Vendor (Sunroof)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y39[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Special Order[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y54[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Chrysler Management Employee Purchase[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y91[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Show Car Finish A / Less Gas[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y92[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]69-70[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Show Car Finish B / Less Gas[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y93[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]71[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Show Car Finish B / Less Gas[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Y97[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]70[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Show Car Finish - 3 Gallons Gas[/FONT]

All built at the same plant. No relation on dates, some have them some do not

Y codes.........................

Y05 69-70 Build to USA Specs
Y07 69-70 Build to Canada Specs
Y09 69-70 Build to Specs for Export
Y11 69-71 Domestic Publications
Y13 69-71 Dealer Demo
Y14 69-71Sold Car
Y15 69-71 Direct Sale
Y16 69-71 Sales Bank
Y17 69-71 Corporate Lease Car System
Y22 69-71 Corporate Lease Car - Executive
Y28 69-71 Company Car/Public Relations
Y33 69-71 Fleet Sales
Y37 71 Outside Modification Vendor (Sunroof)
Y39 69-71 Special Order
Y54 69-71 Chrysler Management Employee Purchase
Y91 69-71Show Car Finish A / Less Gas
Y92 69-70Show Car Finish B / Less Gas
Y93 71Show Car Finish B / Less Gas
Y97 70Show Car Finish - 3 Gallons Gas

I tracked down and spoke to the guy who was the original owner of my 70 RR back in 1989 .. He told me he ordered the car and I've always believed him .. it's pretty heavily optioned and kind of uniquely optioned for a RR but no Y code on the tag.

Thanks for sharing Dave

Dave, is this one the most optioned car that you know of so far?

Dave, is this one the most optioned car that you know of so far?

No, we have a few with full tags, one with two options on a second tag. If this one had air, it would have had the H51 code plus the 26 code which would have put it right there. I love this car, needed a white interior to be perfect.

Ruger, did you replace the door panels? What happened to the power locks?

No, we have a few with full tags, one with two options on a second tag. If this one had air, it would have had the H51 code plus the 26 code which would have put it right there. I love this car, needed a white interior to be perfect.

Ruger, did you replace the door panels? What happened to the power locks?

Hello C Bodies,
There the door panels that I got it with, I'll have to check on power locks as you can only lock it with a key. Codes do show it came with it, if I pull a panel and it was them what would be the correct think to do? Thanks for all your help.
Ruger

The correct thing is what you want. They could prove to be troublesome so that's your call.
You never had the door panels off?

I am a purist on one hand and a modify guy on the other. If it were mine I wouldn't have done the engine bay the way you did but it's done so original is out the window right now.

I wish you had answered my want ad in Mopar Collectors guide 15 years ago and sold me that car. I could have avoided a lot of headaches

There should be a medallion like this, attached to the panel. At least this is what it looks like for the 300, not sure about the Polara:

455b9ba992c68f5764adbdc6c74b6cb1_zps86750f38.jpg

I have had the door panels off, just never looked for power door locks. What would the switch look like? I should check just for the hell of it?
THX

What is the purpose of that hole(?) ?

Actually that's not a switch. That hole is where the lock plunger goes, it was missing and that's why I couldn't figure out how to operate the power locks at first. When the plunger is pushed in or pulled out it activates the other door lock as well, that's why there is a little arrow on the medallion.

A friends family had a early to mid 70's New Yorker with power locks and power everything else. It had the same type push down / pull up lock stem like things as other cars but with something like 'Power Lock' on the head of them. Push one or pull one and they all acted on it as I recall .. but I was probably 10 though ;)

Back