Newest aquisition...

I saw this at Harbor Fright. For $5 (on sale) it looks like a great thing to toss in your tool box.

I've been zappped more times then I would like to remember... Including a heart stopper by a MSD-7 ignition. From a plug wire, up one arm and down the other to the hood pin. Yea.... In my 20's at the time, don't know if I could handle that now.

http://www.harborfreight.com/inline-ignition-spark-checker-69014.html#reviews

I lost count - but I think this is my 74th or so mopar and I've been making them scream for myself and customers for 30+ years...lol. At the moment I haven't been able to get near any of my "car" work for a month due to my "work" work. But I took a bunch of PTO in July so I'll get to them.
I'm fairly sure it's wet fouled. I'm charging the battery, replacing the starter with a mini, putting fresh plugs in it, and I'm certain it will fire. Just wouldn't run with wet plugs and turning at 5rpm... It has a brake pedal so I think if I can get it fired it will drive.
BTW - the worse hit I've taken was from a Jacobs Energy team. Aside from the residual numbness, I blacked out after I twitched and my hand hit the cooling fan (engine running). I crawled into the house because I went temperarilly blind too. I'll take hits from points all day over that. And yes - sweaty arms on the bodywork does't help matters...lol. Use a good fender cover! What is it they say "that is how we learn"...lol.

That is what appears to be a very nice 1966 Imperial LeBaron, it is not a 65. I also own one. It has a 440/727 and is a joy to drive. Imperials are a little different than ordinary Cbodies in that, for one thing, they are still full frame cars in 1966.

Love that model. The rear view should be projected on a screen as you drive.

Well, I got the ministarter in and the battery charged. Bought the new plugs but still haven't gotten them in yet. I've got a friend using my running stand Sunday - I hope I can get them in while he's playing wth the stand... It's a large car to not have mobile...lol.

That red interior is to die for - beautiful. But then so is the whole car. One of my favorite years for Imperial. Just one note, if you are looking at adding something to the rear springs because they're sagging, you might just be able to re-arch them. I did that with my Fury - they had lost so much of their 'spring' that they were starting to arch down instead of up. Re-arching did wonders, even after several years have gone by. Won't affect the ride like adding another spring or something would. Just a thought.

I've had a few of those electrical 'experiences' myself. I still don't 'get along' with electricity as a result. :-D

You have a '66, so it's gonna have the 440 versus the 413 in the earlier Imperials. Nice things about the '66 are: No pushbutton shift. No need for a rear drum puller for a brake job! Real walnut veneer trim.

Beautiful interior!!!

A couple of more giveaways to readily identify a '66 versus a '64 or '65:

The '66 has a small "Imperial" script on the right side of the trunk lid.

Of course, the grille is readily apparent.

The reverse lights are in the bumper, and there are four tail light lenses on a '66 versus two for the '64 - '65 cars.

The wheel covers used on the '66 are the same through 1968. I had an alleged '66 "expert" try to tell me I had the wrong wheel covers on my '66; to which I replied to him "So, I guess every other '66 out there running these is wrong, too, eh? Oh, check your dealer brochure, too, buddy!" --- He sure pissed me off with the attitude!

Well, not much to report. I've got the ministarter in, but it still turns slow and the cables get hot. So it needs them changed and there's always something else to do... Hope to have them in by the end of Thanksgiving weekend and we'll try again.

OK - next update... Cables are in, fuel pump was shot so that's in. I'm buying a case of oil and a couple filters, and another starter because the first one had a terminal broken on it. Crossing fingers I can get it turning over properly this weekend. One thing is sure - heavy freakin' car!!! lol

Mine are crossed for you. Let us know how it goes THIS year.

It took a personally seriously bad week to get me to say "F it" and get this car up to the garage for some "me time" on it. Over the past year I rebuilt the unibody on a '71 Super Bee; did steel repairs, paint, and suspension work on an 86 mustang; and a bunch of work on a '68 383/4sp Barracuda. The time lapse is not from avoiding work. Just lack of priority on my own stuff. I've got a Falcon to do after the Barracuda, then I'm onto my Chevelle so I can flip it. Then I should be in decent shape for my cars.

i'm a fan of chrysler corps interior color combos with the metalic tones , my 65 880 rag has dark n lite red met . fresh its very cool looking , i can see why the gal that bought the car new fell in love with it when see saw it on the floor of the dodge dealership . white with a black top and that two tone red met interior most have been a site . one of my 67 300 rags has red met interior in leather . did it come in the dark red as well ? sorry on pics of the 65 880 rag , got in an issue with the interior right now , damm guy lost the yardage , how ?

DSC06638.JPG

Scan0039_0039.jpg

Scan0041_0041.jpg

Ok... starters in, turns over like a dream now. Stories of it running were a fared. Took off the LH valve cover and found a stuck valve and bent pushrod. Fixed that. Now on the passengers side... 440" engine. Car has ac if it matters. How does one remove the RH valve cover? I can see there's another stuck valve or two... but I need to get the cover off and the heater box is in the way... can I remove a mount and lower the engine in the chassis? Don't really want to mess with the hvac... so 65' Imp gurus.... any ideas?

Back