Newest aquisition...

Three now-unstuck intake valves later...lol. Now turns over with compression in all holes, but still won't quite make enough steam to run itself... So I'm pulling the plugs and squirting oil in the holes with the hopes it will help get it to make it's own steam... So close I can smell it...lol.

A couple of more giveaways to readily identify a '66 versus a '64 or '65:

The '66 has a small "Imperial" script on the right side of the trunk lid.

Of course, the grille is readily apparent.

The reverse lights are in the bumper, and there are four tail light lenses on a '66 versus two for the '64 - '65 cars.

The wheel covers used on the '66 are the same through 1968. I had an alleged '66 "expert" try to tell me I had the wrong wheel covers on my '66; to which I replied to him "So, I guess every other '66 out there running these is wrong, too, eh? Oh, check your dealer brochure, too, buddy!" --- He sure pissed me off with the attitude!
Also, the protusion at the rear of the trunk lid is different in shape to the '64-'65, it's more square.

Well, I admit defeat. The engine would not run. Over the term of sitting untouched I think the wrist pins froze up. It's now very, very tight to turn. So the engine's coming out. I'll fix the engine, detail the engine and bay, fix the couple rust spots, and make it more presentable over then next couple months between the other jobs I have.

The wheel covers used on the '66 are the same through 1968.
The '66 Wheelcovers are one year only as the valve stem hole is in a different location then later years and the cooling slots were different too.

Well, I admit defeat. The engine would not run. Over the term of sitting untouched I think the wrist pins froze up. It's now very, very tight to turn. So the engine's coming out. I'll fix the engine, detail the engine and bay, fix the couple rust spots, and make it more presentable over then next couple months between the other jobs I have.
Sorry to hear that it came down to all of this.

Ok, I'm wrapping up the Falcon project and back to the Imp... I pulled the engine some weeks back to be repaired aand allow me to detail the engine bay and engine. So while I'm working on those and fixing the rust... Does anyone have sources for the rubber door seals, a headliner, the carpet, or the windlace set?

Very Nice Le Baron ! Got any pics of the Rear seat "Embossed" in Leather Eagles?

Ok, I'm wrapping up the Falcon project and back to the Imp... I pulled the engine some weeks back to be repaired aand allow me to detail the engine bay and engine. So while I'm working on those and fixing the rust... Does anyone have sources for the rubber door seals, a headliner, the carpet, or the windlace set?
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out if the carpet is the only thing you find new...

First things first... The engine's apart and parts ordered for it. Splash shields arrived. I found listings for carpets, windlace, a complete weatherstrip set, and material for the headliner, and a listing for a headliner. Not that I've actually tried to order them... Or they're correct...lol. But I did find listings.Still looking for the washer bottle.

Ok. So they're 5.5", not 5"? I've got a few friends at a local truck recycler... I'll have to go drop by. Thanks Patrick.
Chevy road wheel

chevy pickup1.jpg

Very Nice Le Baron ! Got any pics of the Rear seat "Embossed" in Leather Eagles?

Sorry I kept forgetting the picture...lol
This weekend I located the source of the water leaks and had to do some rust repairs to address them. Also got the engine bay almost cleared to begin the refinishing, readied the master cylinder for it's rebuild, and pulled the windshield trim.

IMG_2787.JPG

Love that Eagle ! I have been looking for some seat skins with those eagles if anyone has some lying around.

Back