Newport 1967 brake problem...

I send an email to Leeds Brakes last week. No answer still now.
Today i disassembled booster and pedal.
First I cut the screw from the bracket for the brake light switch. It pressed against the rubber bellows of the booster from behind. The next few days I will mount the pedal a bit higher so that the bolt fits better and everything is easier to move.

IMG_20200524_144153320.jpg

IMG_20200524_144143266_HDR.jpg

First I cut the screw from the bracket for the brake light switch. It pressed against the rubber bellows of the booster from behind. The next few days I will mount the pedal a bit higher so that the bolt fits better and everything is easier to move.

View attachment 378494

View attachment 378496
I called Leeds - ordered everything over the phone. although...had I done some more research I probably would have gone with Craig (MobileParts)

The vacuum hose to the booster may become contaminated and acting as a 0ne way valve also. Be sure to replace it with a hose designed for vacuum and not fuel or water.

View attachment 378494

View attachment 378496

So, i reassembled the car. The pedal works much easier, the bolt of the booster fits perfect, but the problem is not solved. I think i'll need a new booster.

Does anybody have an idea where to get an old one, which i can rebuild in US and then send to germany.

Rebuilding my own one is no solution. I dont want to pay shipping two times and wait the whole summer. The car drives in this condition.....

Try Murray Park. Www.cbodies.com
He may have some that work or he may have some in unknown condition that he could send to booster Dewey for you.

Someone has experience with this? Cardone Remanufactured Master Cylinder and Booster Assemblies 50-3520

I'm starting to think that also Leeds won't help my either per email. But my English is unfortunatly not good enough for the phone. It's no longer fun.

You will probably have nothing but trouble with the above remanufactured units. That company is noted for very poor quality and they have a bad habit of shipping incorrect boosters and boosters that do not work properly.

Dave.

Back