No more log wagon

Imperial dude

Reaction score
Finally got the 2 extra leads taken out of the Imperial
ImperialTM.jpg

Now she sits like a luxury car instead of a refugee from "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot"
The shop actually posted this pic on their Facebook page
Think I've found a good mechanic shop also
Not only did he put in a courtesy mat(yes I know the carpet and windlace are trashed)
IMG_20210503_165718_4.jpg

He put a steering wheel cover on too
IMG_20210503_165723_4.jpg

It couldn't be aligned yet, it needs LCA and strut rod bushings also, something my last shop missed completely
He's ordering the parts from Kanter auto parts, don't know anything about them other than they aren't Autozone
Anyone have any experience with them?

Still have a few electrical gremlins to chase down, but I think most are ground issues
do the dual master cylinder conversion and put on new rubber lines
Rip out the trailer brakes while I'm at it
Fix a transmission, pinion, axle, valve cover and power steering leak
But I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, and may soon be a driver

ImperialTM.jpg

IMG_20210503_165718_4.jpg

IMG_20210503_165723_4.jpg

Kanter specializes in vintage auto parts, I got a set of ball joints from them years ago for a customers 66 T-bird
Kanter Auto Products, Vintage, Antique, & Classic Auto Parts

yes, I checked out their website, wish I had known about them before i got the autozone UCAs and ball joints

This mechanic did a good job on the leaf springs, put in 2 new pins and new lockwashers, he also told me I need a new shock plate, looks like someone broke a shock bolt and torched out the hole waaay to big, time to get a hold of Murray Park I guess
I know by the time she's done ill have twice in her than what I can get out of her, but I bought her to drive not flip

Nice car! You have a pretty nice steering wheel in that, I can see why he put a cover on it.

"Thunderbolt and Lightfoot"! Now there is a pretty good film. Talk about obscure references!

I was thinking the same thing about the car and the steering wheel. It took me over a decade to find a decent red steering wheel for my '64 Crown Convertible. That's a rare item, especially in that condition. The red usually fades so bad, but yours looks so vivid it makes me think this car was indoors much of its life. Really nice.

@patrick66
@Imperialist
Thank you
Yes the steering wheel is in excellent condition, doesn't even have any cracks in it
Upper and lower dash pad are pretty good, a little warped but no cracks
Door panels and headliner are also good
Ashtray even looks good
Can't say the same for the seats and carpet though
Funny story, looking at the pics I took I noticed"what the, why does it have 2 dimmer switches?" I looked at the service manual and found out its for switching radio stations, AM radio doesn't work though, lights up, makes a popping sound when you turn it on but sadly no tunes, but that's pretty far down the list of priorities

Back