no park in transmission

67mopar

Reaction score
I took out valve body to replace shift shaft seal but park lever would not come out of transmission so disconnected at valve body, but now when i put it back in there is no park! how could i fix this?
Thanks!

It would help if you say the year of your car/transmission. Until 1963, Chryslers didn't have a park.

My money is on you managed to get the park rod out part way, then disconnected the valve body and never got the park rod back in correctly.

Another possibility is you you need to adjust the linkage a little because you've shifted the valve body just enough to not make it work right.

What or how did you disconnect to take the park rod off the valve body?? Did you take the rooster comb off? There is a spring loaded detent ball that can go flying.

My money is on you managed to get the park rod out part way, then disconnected the valve body and never got the park rod back in correctly.

Another possibility is you you need to adjust the linkage a little because you've shifted the valve body just enough to not make it work right.

What or how did you disconnect to take the park rod off the valve body?? Did you take the rooster comb off? There is a spring loaded detent ball that can go fl

What or how did you disconnect to take the park rod off the valve body?? Did you take the rooster comb off? There is a spring loaded detent ball that can go flying.

I think you are right about getting the park rod part way out. I did not take out the rooster tail, just pulled the e clip. all the gears appear to be in right place eg neutral

Back