No rear hazard lights..

The primary reason for the bypass was to eliminate the high charging current from going through the bulkhead. This would do nothing for that.

Alan
I plan to do that too. Direct cables through the firewall instead of the bulkhead.

Isn't the one on the backside of the Ammeter meant to keep things running when the Ammeter dies on the car?

Two strange things however,
the bulbs “seat belt warning light”, and “door ajar light” or on constantly, even without ignition key inserted?!
Removed the bulbs to “resolve” that problem ;-)

Sounds like that circuit is shorting to ground somewhere, better consult the wiring diagrams in your FSM.

Might first want to check your fuse box though?

I plan to do that too. Direct cables through the firewall instead of the bulkhead.

Isn't the one on the backside of the Ammeter meant to keep things running when the Ammeter dies on the car?
No idea, I had a dead ammeter, needle was pegged on way, everything worked.

Alan

You say the turn signals blink once or twice and then stop. At that point are the turn signal lights on but not blinking, or are they off?

Found the “blinker” problem guys. The red wire from the flasher to the directional signal switch connector, disappears in the thick wire harnass. When the harnass is moved, the problem happens..
I tie-ribbed the wire harnass in the right position for blinkers to work.
Gonna see if it keeps functioning. After being on my back for days I don’t feel like fighting this harnass. Maybe next winter.

Thanks again for everyones input!

Found the “blinker” problem guys. The red wire from the flasher to the directional signal switch connector, disappears in the thick wire harnass. When the harnass is moved, the problem happens..
Gonna see if it keeps functioning. After being on my back for days I don’t feel like fighting this harnass. Maybe next winter.

Kinda scary. The sooner it's addressed the better you may feel.

What that means is a loose connection or broken wire somewhere. A loose wire/connection makes for excessive resistance in the circuit and that builds heat. Heat leads to bad stuff happening... Like this....

1655496152181.png

So, my advice is to find the issue (it may be real simple) before it becomes a major problem.

I don't mean to scare you.... Well, maybe I actually do want to... It might get your attention to fix it right.

Back