No time:

Yep, an hour here, 15 minutes there. AND it's her damned car...

Last edited:
Well, I got the back porch cleaned. My legs are aching from going up and down the ladder to scrub up high, I'm not twenty anymore. I also got a call from my mom. Her homeowners insurance will be canceled if her small back shed is not torn down, it is falling apart. There goes another weekend, well it is for my mom. It would be great if more of my brothers or sisters would help, there is eleven of us, but I hear I'm not able, I busy, whatever.

I think its all about finding the right one.

I've been married to the right one for 10 years.... But when I was married to the wrong one, I spent a lot more time in the garage so I didn't have to spend time with her. The upside was I got a lot more done... The downside was she was still there when I came in.

My wife pushes me to go work on my cars, she likes going to the drags and cars shows. She does give me crap when i leave parts and tools scattered around the drive way, and she does't like cars lined up in the back yard(there are 4 back there know and 4 up front), but she knew from the the start she was marring a red neck.

The wife needs to understand that "garage time" is your time and it should be respected. There has to be some compromise. Atleast you're not out away from home doing far worse things.

On my old work shop I had an exact duplicate of this sign hanging at the front door:

b86f3f5dbb166edf168e3050dbdc9804_view.jpg

Back