NOS wheelcover find

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just had to share this amazing(to me) Local find. Came out of a local dealership where the guy I bought it from was working when they were cleaning out old inventory. It’s in the ‘69 parts book as the black wheelcover, these came in several background colors that year. In ‘67/8 they were only silver behind the pot metal piece. That being said it’s hard to find these where the stamped main part of the assembly is mangled in one way or another so this piece is almost priceless(again, to me):)
3ABB23D5-68EC-47C6-B914-76D4B8B925CA.jpeg
4140A074-C56E-4D72-9EDB-0A5B93E1CAC7.jpeg
446473B4-1476-4E90-BF12-D3E6387497B7.jpeg

Just a few scuffs in the paint finishes which isn’t surprising, it was a wall hanger for a period of time. I did of course dismantle it for a good cleaning and chrome polish after I got it to the shop this morning, ok now back to work!:rolleyes:

I have a set as clean for mine and I really want to drive with them, ugh. One scratch or rock chip and I'll cry

Awesome! I believe the center color matched the vinyl top.
The experts on here please correct me if I am wrong.
Quite possible, the tops were available in black, white, blue, green, walnut & champagne while the wheelcovers were available in black, white, blue, green, walnut & tan.

So Matt, when are you getting a '69 to go with it?
I’m not, if/when I need a perfect cover for my ‘67(s) all I will have to do is paint this one silver behind the pot metal piece.:)

I have a set of these, I'm putting them on after I get my tires changed. The pandemic slowed down my spring. In the original paper bags from an old dealership warehouse, beyond perfect

20200605_221340.jpg

I have a set as clean for mine and I really want to drive with them, ugh. One scratch or rock chip and I'll cry
Here’s the way I look at things like this now. Society is circling the drain and that seems to be increasing at an alarming rate so don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Here’s the way I look at things like this now. Society is circling the drain and that seems to be increasing at an alarming rate so don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Fair enough, I'll post a glamour shot with my computer-less apocalypse-mobile once I have the tires swapped

Quite possible, the tops were available in black, white, blue, green, walnut & champagne while the wheelcovers were available in black, white, blue, green, walnut & tan.
Actually, as you see the picture I use is a hubcap from my car after I cleaned, polished and repainted it. I also have it in the videos and pictures I have posted on here.

Back