Not A "C" Body but Stan Look At The Wheels.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Bought me another Wagon today. It's a 1981 Plymouth Carevelle. It's the Canadian version of a Dodge Diplomat I guess. Speedo is in Kilometers and underhood stickers are in English and French. Runs and drives great and has ice cols A/C, a neccesity here in Arizona. Here's some pictures.
P3020015.jpgP3020018.jpgP3020019.jpgP3020020.jpgP3020021.jpg

P3020015.jpg

P3020018.jpg

P3020019.jpg

P3020020.jpg

P3020021.jpg

That's a great care. Nice score. I'm looking for an M-body wagon for my wife because of all of her crap she hauls around. I'm sick and tired of trying to jam 3' x 4' canvases and 2 bags of art supplies into that damn RX-8. Gawd I hate that freakin car.

< Sent from my tablet >

Does she know already that she wants a Chrysler Corp. station wagon ?

Did that wagon come from the factory with road wheels? Anybody know what was the last year Mopar had road wheels available?

Did that wagon come from the factory with road wheels? Anybody know what was the last year Mopar had road wheels available?
I belieive they are factory. They are deeper than the "C" Body ones I have. I don't think they are wider but must have less offset because the trim rings are wider.

I belieive they are factory. They are deeper than the "C" Body ones I have. I don't think they are wider but must have less offset because the trim rings are wider.
In the last picture of it on my trailer you can see the difference in width of the trim rings.

They are factory, Last year for the slotted road wheel was 1981. The road wheel used on M bodies from 1978-1981 were 15x7 and not the 15x6.5 we're used to. They fir nicely on C bodeis. I have a set on my 77 T&C.

By the way the Caravelle Salon was the Canadian Gran Fury as mentioned, but in the USA you could not get a Plymouth M body wagon (they did not make M body Gran Fury wagons)

The hub is different too......I almost ordered the wrong NOS one for my NY'er.

?? The hub is no different, these are standard Chrysler 5 on 4.5 bolt circle. Any road wheel centre dome will fit.

They are factory, Last year for the slotted road wheel was 1981. The road wheel used on M bodies from 1978-1981 were 15x7 and not the 15x6.5 we're used to. They fir nicely on C bodeis. I have a set on my 77 T&C.

By the way the Caravelle Salon was the Canadian Gran Fury as mentioned, but in the USA you could not get a Plymouth M body wagon (they did not make M body Gran Fury wagons)
Cool, Thanks for the info! Kind of ironic that the wheels on these smaller M bodies are wider than the C bodies.

Yea, Chrysler did wierd stuff like that though didn't they?

Back