NOT MINE Not Mine: 1965 Chrysler 300 L 4-speed

Shazbot

Reaction score
Price is pretty rich, way outta my league but I can dream.

93092612.jpg
93092645.jpg
93092654.jpg

1965 Chrysler 300L 2Dr Coupe

Factory 4-speed / 1 of 108 made / 1 of 88 with A/C
413ci 390hp Dual Quad car / Dealer Installed
Engine Completely Rebuilt very recently / see photos
Beautiful New Paint in Factory Original Silver Mist (NN1)
Power Steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Drivers Seat, Center Console with Factory Tach, New Redline Tires & more...
One Owner Since 1979
Complete with Receipts & Ownership History
$57,500 US

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chrysler/300/2627935.html

Sold on eBay about 6 years ago for about $18,000. I’ve known of this car for over 30 years, its had more than 2 owners since the 70’s.

It’s a great car, but $54 is quite a large amount of Do-Re-Mi!

Last edited:
This shares the type of rarity of most rare cars.
That is, they are desirable today because they were built in low numbers and they were built in low numbers because nobody wanted them. The cars we want the most are the cars that nobody wanted.
But in the case of this car, this is how I would have wanted it new!

It was a huge year for the brand yet hardly any gearboxes. For some reason people didn't consider banging gears in a high end car a luxury!

For that kind of scratch it should need nothing....

Obviously from the pictures there isn’t power windows but importantly the single brake master cylinder was up graded to a dual master cylinder.

I wish the engine block numbers on the top pad was clearer. That camera was focused on the block itself and is useless.

It’s a great looking exterior and interior. For that price I’d expected the a/c to be as cool as the 300L itself. No mention of that.

Personally the Magnum 500’s don’t help the looks.

but importantly the single brake master cylinder was up graded to a dual master cylinder.
Providing the lines were properly plumbed into a correct prop valve. When I bought my '62 it had a dual MC on it, but the lines were joined together like a single exhaust. Absolutely useless! But it made the previous owner feel safer. I returned it to the factory single unit.

Sold on eBay about 6 years ago for about $18,000. I’ve known of this car for over 30 years, its had more than 2 owners since the 70’s.

It’s a great car, but $54 is quite a large amount of Do-Re-Mi!
Yeah, I remember seeing this one make the rounds on ebay and some other internet sites.
From my guesstimation, $18k and 6 years ago would've been higher-end price for a Slab, even for a 4-speeds.
This one is priced $1000 below that GG1 green 67 VIP 4-door - so maybe it's a steal???

Back