NOT MINE not mine 1970 300H

My take is that if you always wanted a Hurst car this is a great starting point at a decent price. The deck lid looks a bit rough, but the typical rust repairs wouldn’t scare me away. For those that think $4500 is too much, have you looked at what’s available for that price? Pretty much nothing, 1969-1971 C body.

It appears that the existing rust and terrible interior are the reason this is truly only worth 7K.
I'd try at it for like 4500. But I bet he wouldn't take that kind of a low ball offer and I don't want to be insulting.

Is it worth 4500?

View attachment 536656
Well the fiberglass is probably worth 3k
Running 70 440 1k or close
Wheels probably 700
Windshield 300
Trans 300
Trim 500
Rear 300
Doors 400
Pass fender 200
Disc brake? 300
And the remainder probably gets you to the 7k so the value is there but I wouldn't be doing the work of parting and marketing at this point in my life.

if I was retired maybe I would throw that 4k lowball. My time and effort has to be worth the difference

I do know of a worse one a friend passed on for I think 5k his freind picked it up and cleaned it out and washed it flipped for 10k. I do not believe this is that car because the fiberglass looks better.

This owner may have realized that he will lose less if he sells it now versus restoring. Which would probably be true if he gave it to the next guy walking down the street

It does not appear to be any more rusty than the current $3500 newports.

Most guys can fumble through patching rust but that interior will be a real challenge for most probably just chunk out the cash .10k min

Paint it and you are over 30 into a car that has who knows what for a drivetrain.

Too much work and money for me Id rather have a beater newport for less money or if I was set on a hurst just spend the money on a good car
Would cost less in the end.

I like the beater muscle car thing but I just can't see that with one of these, too painful.

Only considering it for the beater around town value really. Looks like I would be upside down on a restoration.

I am not a player as it’s not my dream car, but I am more comfortable doing interior and mechanical than rust and body repair.

Is this in Nevada or Idaho? The listing is in Boise, but the map shows the location as Nevada.

Well the fiberglass is probably worth 3k
Running 70 440 1k or close
Wheels probably 700
Windshield 300
Trans 300
Trim 500
Rear 300
Doors 400
Pass fender 200
Disc brake? 300
And the remainder probably gets you to the 7k so the value is there but I wouldn't be doing the work of parting and marketing at this point in my life.

if I was retired maybe I would throw that 4k lowball. My time and effort has to be worth the difference

I do know of a worse one a friend passed on for I think 5k his freind picked it up and cleaned it out and washed it flipped for 10k. I do not believe this is that car because the fiberglass looks better.

This owner may have realized that he will lose less if he sells it now versus restoring. Which would probably be true if he gave it to the next guy walking down the street

It does not appear to be any more rusty than the current $3500 newports.

Most guys can fumble through patching rust but that interior will be a real challenge for most probably just chunk out the cash .10k min

Paint it and you are over 30 into a car that has who knows what for a drivetrain.

Too much work and money for me Id rather have a beater newport for less money or if I was set on a hurst just spend the money on a good car
Would cost less in the end.

I like the beater muscle car thing but I just can't see that with one of these, too painful.
A bare '70 HP stamped 440 block alone is worth a grand, never mind a complete running one..

I know the car…know it was marketed and sold, which is great. Now back again…at $7K the seller is taking in the “rear” so to speak, that happens sometimes. Makes me wonder…

Just ran across this thread .

@Fury Pursuit
Is this car originally from Cambridge Id then inherited by nephew in Weiser Id ? I looked it over in the 90s after original owner passed away and have thought about it often . 1 of the only console 300 Hursts I have ever seen .

Last edited:
$25,000 to restore it
that is if you are lucky
buy a done car
i am amazed at the money willing to be thrown at a turd
there are so many nice cars for sale out there and we get to see money pits
it's called the interweb
then when something shows up nice it gets picked apart on here and some one one is looking for fraud under some rock.
Steve Juliano told me many times
"no one is counterfeiting 2 dollar bills"

There was another 300H car for sale on CL in northern NV a few years ago as well .

It was a post from last year . I was just curious if it was the one I knew of in the late 80s /early 90s.

Back