For Sale not mine 1971 Fury III in EV2 Tor red (orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$_59.jpeg
$_59 (2).jpeg
$_59 (3).jpeg

It is pretty well gone, trunk photo shows a rotted out wheel housing, in addition lower quarter rust, rocker rust, trunk floor rust, window channel rust, front fender rust etc. Probably is also going to have frame rust to boot. The main thing it has going for it is the unique color. It does have a solid washer bottle on an otherwise low optioned car. Restoration costs will run in excess of $40k or more, so this is a driver until it croaks.

Dave

A candidate for one of those "bring back that color" salvage yard commercials for "miracle coatings"?

A Canadian-spec car?

It is pretty well gone, trunk photo shows a rotted out wheel housing, in addition lower quarter rust, rocker rust, trunk floor rust, window channel rust, front fender rust etc. Probably is also going to have frame rust to boot. The main thing it has going for it is the unique color. It does have a solid washer bottle on an otherwise low optioned car. Restoration costs will run in excess of $40k or more, so this is a driver until it croaks.

Dave
Agree to disagree here, because by your standards, 90% of C Bodies wouldn't be worthy of restoration including many that have seen recent attention by the A/B/E snobby mags and large invitation only shows

and not every C-Body needs a full restoration.
For some of them it is valid to say: Fix them up as needed and drive&enjoy them.
As beater driver
as daily driver
as local cruise driver.
Not every car needs to be turned into a conditon 1 or 1-2 car to be enjoyed.

Carsten

Fully agree, many cars can be enjoyed "as is" as long as they are structurally sound and safe to drive. I also know fully well that a #1 or #2 show car is probably going to be a trailer queen because of the expense to get them in that condition does not make them a practical driver. That having been said, it is also important to go into any classic vehicle purchase with one's eves open because cars have an almost unlimited potential to be money pit if one starts with a car that is too far gone.

Dave

2 people are stopping by tomorrow to look at it. I'll get more pictures of it if those folks don't buy it.
That's a pretty cheap car. Interior appears to be in pretty decent shape. Trunk isn't as bad as it looked in the one picture.
The car deserves to at least be a round town beater.

Resized_20200515_165337_6275.jpeg

Resized_20200515_165346_7064.jpeg

You can tell its good by all the grease on the motor. Only a damn good car looks like that! No mechanic ever took those valve covers off!
It may have a nice protective coating on the under side.

Pretty neat car, good luck with the sale. What colour was the vinyl roof on this car?

I like the front and rear bumper guards. The prefer this style guard to the surround style found on the Sport Fury.

And that front grille is pretty interesting all by itself.

Dave

He said that he would deal with a shipping company. Not sure about build sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back