Garlits-show-11_18-e1535131502128.jpg

FMA Mopar Show Info - Florida Mopar Association
img_3874-d63de7f3a10f11a4c8656554a26866bd.jpg

Darn... same weekend...
2018 Rally Schedule
2018-gathering-poster_1.jpg

http://www.turkeyrun.com/events/car-show.html
TRWD-logo-1.png

Uhoh... I missed something... are you OK?

F'ed up my knee in May during the whole brake thing. Couldn't walk with weight for about 3 days, and it took till about two weeks ago for it to feel right again. So last weekend I decided to be nice and put the MIL's running board on her Durango. I needed some bolts that I left on the bench I was parked next to. So I got out from under the rig, and knelt in front of the bench to sort out the bolts. Went to slide back under and the knee thing happened again. Just frickin hurt like hell to straighten it, and worse to put weight on it.

It's wednesday morning and if I stay standing im fine the pain goes away when I walk. If I stop and sit I gotta go through the whole rigmarole to get going again.

First thing in the morning this go around not so bad. but sitting at work all day them trying to get going is a *****.

It's a waste of your time to drive for that. Went last yeat, it's only about 1.5 miles from the house. Still mostly a bowtie show. It's all that's down here. One fury wagon. A suped up dart. and a few modern challengers is all that was there.
The appeal was to be a PITA... I do admit that's worse than I suspected...

The appeal of the Daytona Turkey Day event is I won't care much about so much that's there, when I find something I like, I won't feel too bad about missing other stuff.

F'ed up my knee in May during the whole brake thing. Couldn't walk with weight for about 3 days, and it took till about two weeks ago for it to feel right again. So last weekend I decided to be nice and put the MIL's running board on her Durango. I needed some bolts that I left on the bench I was parked next to. So I got out from under the rig, and knelt in front of the bench to sort out the bolts. Went to slide back under and the knee thing happened again. Just frickin hurt like hell to straighten it, and worse to put weight on it.

It's wednesday morning and if I stay standing im fine the pain goes away when I walk. If I stop and sit I gotta go through the whole rigmarole to get going again.

First thing in the morning this go around not so bad. but sitting at work all day them trying to get going is a *****.
Knees are no fun... I sneezed last month and my lower back went out... still nursing it a little, but boy does it piss me off. The concept of "ageing gracefully" has completely escaped me...

I'll set up the big canopy and we'll have the official "C Bodies Senior Lounge and Adult Beverage Center"... liquid pain killer available...

I'm not to sure what the scooter rentals will look like...
horse-cart.jpg

So that show down here is held at this place;

If you scroll through the pics or video's you understand when there's sooo many chevy's there.

Home - Muscle Car City Museum
Yeah, I'm aware the place is there... I wouldn't mind a walk through, but I think the prewar stuff would be the bigger appeal for me. I still like a nicely done street rod and don't hate chevies...

The appeal was to be a PITA... I do admit that's worse than I suspected...

The appeal of the Daytona Turkey Day event is I won't care much about so much that's there, when I find something I like, I won't feel too bad about missing other stuff.

I'm hitting the Turkey Run again this year. More electric scooters than Mopars but it is a Holiday weekend, usually a good day in the sun and the Lions on tv at Hooters across the street. The car corral is the most interesting though I have found a few parts I was able to stuff into my suitcase.

@bluefury361 and I will be attending the horse park show November 10th weekend...

Any others?
@commando1
@65Fury440
@monaco75
@67Monaco
@bulldogchesty
@68PK21 440.6bbl
@Rapidtrans777
@Ripinator

Sorry if I forgot someone, but it wouldn't be me otherwise...

Jeff: I had definite plans to make another AutoTrain run down to FL and meet up with you guys again. Looks like I'm gonna have to put off the trip until next year. Maybe I'll have that convertible-turd I've been working on ready to make the trip by then. . .

Man polishing his lime green metric Challenger the entire day with the hood up.
:BangHead:

img_20180127_095820421_hdr-jpg.jpg

You don't see that very much....

Back