Now it is a Fact.....GM will be selling Chinese Made Buick's in the U.S.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I told you this was going to happen...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-import-chinese-made-buick-suv-1447349781

http://www.ibtimes.com/general-moto...-buick-suvs-us-early-next-year-report-2182804

BN-LF512_1112GM_J_20151112100046.jpg

If people buy them and they most certainly will, it won't be long before, in order to stay competitive, other companies will get their cars built over there. :(

It wasn't that long ago when things like refrigerators and air conditioners were made in North America. I have a couple of air conditioners that were made "offshore", but have a major, respectable brand name on them. From day one, both of them have been total pieces of s***. Both had to have their compressors replaced within the first month! Luckily, they were on warranty. They've had other issues too. Because they are the "through the wall" mounting type, I'm kind of stuck with them. They're off warranty now and I don't use them very much.

More and more Japanese cars are built in the US while American makes are increasingly being built in Mexico, Canada, Korea, and now China.

Somebody's head is way up their ***, somewhere....

Buy a Bimmer from Spartanburg then. ;)

GM sells more Buick's in China than they do in the U.S. anyway so its not all that surprising I guess. Kind of disheartening to see the direction the Buick brand is headed nowadays. I mean c'mon GM!! You guys are better than that. Whatever happened to cars like the Electra, Riviera, Grand National, or Roadmaster?? Would be nice to see Buick get rid of its current unappealing lineup and get back to its roots and build cars that made Buick what it once was. Wishful thinking though..

GM sells more Buick's in China than they do in the U.S. anyway so its not all that surprising
Let me adjust that, please.
GM sells more vehicles that they slap a Buick badge on than they do in the U.S....
GM makes one car and one car only that is true to its name: Corvette.
Everything else is on "platforms", and I think they are all international platforms.
Now that manufacturers have the tooling in place in China, it was a given.
The owners of Chinese manufacturing companies would sell their kid's organs to make a buck. Why do you think they dropped the one child per family rule. More organs....

The UAW won't be happy about this....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stephan...e-made-buicks-are-the-exception-not-the-rule/

China became Buick’s largest market in 2006, selling just under 305,000 units in China compared with about 240,000 units in the US that year. Last year, GM sold nearly 919,000 Buicks in China and nearly 229,000 in the U.S., which is largely the new norm for Buick sales. GM’s U.S. sales in 2014 reached 2.93 million units—Buick accounts for less than 10% of the corporation’s U.S. sales base.
In China, Buick’s 2014 volume accounted for 59 percent of GM sales (excluding joint venture brands Baojun and Wuling). Buick’s sales in China will break the million-unit barrier over the next few years, with US volumes not changing dramatically. With that sales shift, Buick will rely more on import sourcing to supply U.S. dealers. By 2021, as much as 40 percent of Buick’s U.S. sales will be imported from China; another 35 percent will be produced in the U.S., with 20 percent imported from South Korea.

The UAW won't be happy about this....
Yet somehow, people who love to vilify unions for everything from being greedy to causing diaper rash will somehow use this to bolster their soap box. I dunno. The whole world is ffed up and beyond repair now. Your granddaughters will be wearing Burkas.

Yet somehow, people who love to vilify unions for everything from being greedy to causing diaper rash will somehow use this to bolster their soap box. I dunno. The whole world is ffed up and beyond repair now. Your granddaughters will be wearing Burkas.

Hillary is already wearing one....

pg30clintonEPA_256736s-vi.jpg

Back