NYB Chronometer to oil press gauge conversion.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Some pics while waiting for new gauge to arrive.

9rk12v.jpg

2modwy8.jpg

28wgirm.jpg

30htsn8.jpg

Th gauge on order.
I plan to remove the unit and face from the housing and install it in the chronometer housing. Will figure out how when i get to that point.
It's a 1 1/2" (small) "half sweep" so it will fit and the colors will match the other factory gauges.

3094qrt.jpg

Current chronometer face plate and rendering of finished face plate:

5d14zb.jpg

6ozbsi.jpg

Last edited:
Problem: Matching texture face of new gauge with rest of dash;
The old texture is simply a contact paper type material glued to clear smooth plastic.
Solution. Buy textured cardboard stock at hobby store and paint satin black.
Perfect match to dash.
Now I have something to glue to new gauge face plate:

As bought:
ix8lqd.jpg

What it is:
2gvt2jn.jpg

Painted:
1zbqr8n.jpg

Old clock face plate with old paper peeled off:
I didn't have to remove it but it told me how the factory did it.
25076fc.jpg

Cut of face of old clock fac eplate with dremel:
atk974.jpg

Took some clear plastic slightly larger and glued it to old clock face plate.
let dry over night. Will trim to fit tomorrow.
1jfrk.jpg

How's the wife like you cutting up her tupperware?? And get those parts out of the dish washer while your at it....:icon_wink:

2gvt2jn.jpgNice little detail work for the winter time if you have a winter. :) You'll have .0001 percent Chinese parts in it then though.

2gvt2jn.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 6085Nice little detail work for the winter time if you have a winter. :) You'll have .0001 percent Chinese parts in it then though.

That recyled material in the card stock originated from the USA.........was liberated by Stan and reclaimed as American material. The gage is now 100% American parts. LOL!

That's gonna look damn cool when your finished with it. I like stuff like that too, where it looks factory but in fact it's not....only you (and your hairdresser) know...LoL.:icon_tongue:

Yah, I agree. I hate to do something where it screams DIY.
I'd only do it if I can make someone say "I didn't know that Chrysler (fill in the blank)...

34flczt.jpg

But Stan doesnt like that, kinda like a clone. If it didnt exist it has to have a giant disclaimer on it

Back