OK, I hate LineX....

Thanks for all the info, links and advice everyone. Yes this is a whole lot of BS! Someone else, on another forum, suggested a Youtube video of what is been going on. ;)

I will see what the regional manager says first. If no resolution, then I will be in contact with the media, we have a couple consumer "rip off" type agencies.

I will not be leaving this alone...they have messed with a very persistent consumer who won't back down!

Maybe posts some links of the sites where you've posted the story where you post the testimonials on their website. There are a lot more readers than actual people posting and they certainly know that.

Here is the voice mail message from Wayne, owner of Trademasters, and LineX franchisee. Left for me on Thursday Nov 13/2014.

Please listen to his response to me about my issue, and "testimonial" I left on the Corporate LineX page. Which is the only thing that seemed to get their attention!

I had a similar problem with a transmission rebuilder for.my big truck and got the whole I'm the manager there is no one above me. Being a commercial transaction no consumer help available and needing the truck back I siced my lawyer on them got the truck out without a bill and moved on to the next shop. I believe you have a complaint and wish you luck, the only satisfaction I ever got was driving at least 3 owners away from them. Best of luck.

big-guns_o_1525101.jpg

1433152-USS-North-Carolina-Big-Guns-0.jpg

images

That guy is an "A-hole"... water got under your liner?... How can water get under there if it was put on correctly? And the whole thing? His guy didn't do the proper prep work. Or his material was faulty, sheezus Christmas, just respray the Damn thing and make the customer happy, now he's made a perfect *** of himself with that voice mail and given linex a black eye. And if linex as a company doesn't do anything, then there is really a major problem. I would think they'll tell you to take it to another franchisee and have it done there since you and this clown aren't seeing eye to eye. Hopefully linex will come thru...Good luck

You should post his verbal response on his testimonial page...

That'll shut him down pretty quick.

Thing is I don't want another spray in Liner...just would like a refund on my purchase so we can all forget this ever happened. But if his name and company ever came up in conversation...I would not recommend him that's for sure. ;)

The one thing I will note about Line-X on an old Ram I had is that it would fade pretty bad. I had a black one and within a year it faded pretty bad. Not sure what the big deal is about honoring a valid warranty claim IMO. I listened the voicemail and if the owner wants to react that way then fine. My concern would be to make sure that he doesn't make your warranty null and void at another franchise. I understand he is upset at you and that is fine (not really) but, as long as corporate doesn't deny you then I would suggest taking the truck to a different shop and be done with it or to refund some or all of your money. Also, the question is did you pay with a credit card? If you did I would contact the credit card company and file a dispute on the charges due the shop not honoring a warranty claim and the owner not working with you. Bottom line, I understand he is upset however, as a customer he needs to set aside his anger and offer a resolution you both agree with to the problem even if you are upset to the max.

Thing is I don't want another spray in Liner...just would like a refund on my purchase so we can all forget this ever happened. But if his name and company ever came up in conversation...I would not recommend him that's for sure. ;)

Don't be surprised if you are offered a partial refund. I had that happen with a shop and still according to the owner I'm the bad guy for working with him and giving him three chances to make the issue right. I did take the partial refund but, I was still out a loss on the work performed.

As a previous business owner I do not understand what the big deal is in honoring a warranty. The business has already received their money and the line-x corporation if any good and reputable should cover the cost of the product and possibly the labor to repair the botched installation. I have had on many occasions of installing electrical equipment gone back to a customer to see why a light fixture was not working only to find out that the light bulb in the fixture burnt out. Now I as electrician properly installed a brand new light fixture with brand new lamps many times items that the owner has purchased for me to install. I always replaced it as a warranty thing it's just good business practice, part of the job and overall just the right thing to do for your customer. In the long run it will not break the bank or for that matter put you out of business but it does create to your customer a sense of good will and satisfaction that you stepped up and solved the problem. From what I have read and now have heard, this franchise owner is a complete "***" and really should not be in a customer service driven business. If I was working in their corporate headquarters and this was brought to my attention how one of my franchise owners was talking and treating a customer it would not be a very good day for that franchise owner.

Ironwolf....I agree 100%...but as of today you, others and I would be wrong...

Well I finally got a response from the Corporate Regional Manager. Remember, I sent a few e-mails wondering, and asking why, I have not had any communication in a few days....

This is his Response....

I have been taking the proper time to research both sides to this situation, and was unaware of any required time line. In the end I do not see any resolution, as stated by yourself, you do not want ANY spray in box liner. It is unfortunate that you and the franchise cannot find common ground, and I believe that the actions taken have accelerated this situation to a point of non resolution. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

I'll wait to see what happens with the complaint I filed through the Better Business Bureau. After that I will decided in what direction I will take this issue.

Ironwolf....I agree 100%...but as of today you, others and I would be wrong...

Well I finally got a response from the Corporate Regional Manager. Remember, I sent a few e-mails wondering, and asking why, I have not had any communication in a few days....

This is his Response....

I have been taking the proper time to research both sides to this situation, and was unaware of any required time line. In the end I do not see any resolution, as stated by yourself, you do not want ANY spray in box liner. It is unfortunate that you and the franchise cannot find common ground, and I believe that the actions taken have accelerated this situation to a point of non resolution. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

I'll wait to see what happens with the complaint I filed through the Better Business Bureau. After that I will decided in what direction I will take this issue.

I have had this kind of go-round before and told the other party that a quick reply or acknowledgement of my correspondence to let me know the matter was being attended to would have gone a long way to diffuse the situation. I suppose that takes too much time out of their day, though.

Regardless what the corporate general manager say's while attempting to wash his hands clean of an obvious defective Line-X product or at best poor surface preparation for their product to sufficiently adhere to your truck bed. I would think that either way that a member of a court jury or for that matter a court Judge or Clerk Magistrate can't see how any of the above would find in favor of the Line-X in lieu of you. Especially in light of the short time span that their product failed.

Last edited:
Here is the voice mail message from Wayne, owner of Trademasters, and LineX franchisee. Left for me on Thursday Nov 13/2014.

Please listen to his response to me about my issue, and "testimonial" I left on the Corporate LineX page. Which is the only thing that seemed to get their attention!

This guy sounds like a real dickhead. Man, I would be pissed. I know you said you don't want a new liner sprayed in, but you should have them redo it again. At least you'll get your money's worth. This time maybe Wayne will make sure it's done right.

I went back and looked at the pictures. I'm going to go with poor prep work. I will mention at the Line-X dealer I went to have a liner done on my 2003 Dodge Ram they sanded the bed and tailgate then cleaned thoroughly. It looks like here they didn't even sand the bed hence the shiny paint and adhesion problems. I hope you get a quick resolution but, as I said don't be surprised if they offer to respray it depending on the terms and conditions. I wouldn't definitely, deal with the original shop anyways because, the guy just wants to be done with you and you're just one in xxxx customer to him anyways even though that shouldn't be the attitude anyways.

Here is an Update!

My last communication with the Corporate Regional manager was when he told me he was going out of the country for a few days. After that no more communication.

Then a few days after that I received an E-mail from head of Canadian business and franchisee's, or some such title. Think it was the regional manager's boss? Anyway this woman e-mailed me and wanted my phone number so we could talk. I responded to her politely that I wanted to keep our communications in the written form, due to the potential for unwarranted emotional statements to be uttered. And as a record of all communication just in case I have to contact the Media, or take legal action.

After that I received no further communication from anyone. Then last week I received an E-mail from Wayne, the owner of trademasters, and the Line-X franchisee who sprayed the liner in my box. The e-mail was brief, but stated that a full refund was being given to me, and the check should arrive in a few days.

The next day I received a response from the BBB. They had contacted Trademasters and got a written response to my complaint. There was the expected defense of their situation, and the statement that they thought my preferred solution to this issue was unfair, but at the end of it it states that a full refund was being issued.

I have the check in hand, arrived a couple days ago. Will be going by the bank tomorrow to deposit it.
smile.png

Back