OK - My flame suit is on

Thank but you keep using percentages and making me try to put it in to dollars. It's making my brain hurt!:poke:

Be like that then. Around here it is $1.12/liter for regular and about $1.21 for diesel. Now multiply that by 3.8 for your gallon and use .96 for the dollar conversion and you are good to go.

It's easy enough to get the mileage back gov't and environmental propaganda agency be damned!

Good lookin' trucks guys! I'd like to have a new one, but I can't justify the payment. It would have to be clearing me $1500-2000 a week before I'd consider it.

Be like that then. Around here it is $1.12/liter for regular and about $1.21 for diesel. Now multiply that by 3.8 for your gallon and use .96 for the dollar conversion and you are good to go.

33 cents a gallon difference? Or is my math worse than I thought?

It's easy enough to get the mileage back gov't and environmental propaganda agency be damned!
Not that we messed with emissions systems or anything, but if we did our 85 360 B350 would go from 9/6 to 11/9. (Hypothetical of course)

Then it jumped to about 14/11 when we ditched the 4.11. I forget what we ended up with, 3.55 I think. (Seems about right since he didn't want to use the 3.75 in the garage.)

Anyway, I had a nice guy in Black Hemi 2500 talk to me at a stoplight Wednesday.

The diesel is an 8 thousand dollar option. With minimal MPGs you save on the new diesels you'd be hard pressed to get your money back. You buy a diesel these days for torque and perhaps longevity

My '02 3/4 ton is for sale if anybody is interested, 360 gas and just under 92K on the odometer. Oh yeah and it has a transferable power train warranty till 142K.:sFl_america2:

image.jpg

image.jpg

My '02 3/4 ton is for sale if anybody is interested, 360 gas and just under 92K on the odometer. Oh yeah and it has a transferable power train warranty till 142K.:sFl_america2:

Looks very clean for a MI truck Matt!

I hate my 03 for the same reasons as Dave.. Rust. They seem to rust more then 2nd gen trucks

It's pretty clean however it has started to rust in the usual places, that's why I'm selling. That and I regret buying a 3/4 ton, my old half ton was all I needed and this one has a rough ride and slightly worse gas mileage. It's impossible to keep coffee in the cup on these MI roads otherwise I'd probably fix the rust and have it painted. I love the body style on this generation.

I wish I had held out for a 2nd gen Cummins, but every one I found in my price range had been ridden hard and put away wet. Not to mention almost every one was well north of 200k miles. My 3rd gen has everything I wanted except the 4wd, especially the manual trans.

I have only really needed the 4wd one time, but since I put the leveling kit the nose doesn't look like it's dragging on the ground anymore.

And that's why I drive my old 1st Gen Crewcab...my cummins and a 5 speed net me an easy 20 mpg mixed city and hwy. Sure it doesn't have the new truck smell...or payments...and rides like a real truck, not a car....but I'll take dead nuts reliable, and easy to work on any day. ;)

I know what you mean. In some ways I really miss my first Dodge. You could sit on the inner fender to do almost any work under the hood.

Ok, I don't know if you guys have checked out all the fleet colors, but WTF !! they need to put them on regular trucks also! The standard colors, except Deep Cherry Red and True Blue,are about as ugly and BORING as watching grass grow. Just my opinion but I can't stand all the boring colors.

Back