OK you truckers...

0074.jpg

0074.jpg

Well, tell that to the Manager of Fleet Operations and you'll get a "You're lucky to get what you got..."

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right Peter I never said a Volvo, but I do remember some White's cool at least until they got that slash across the grill.

Look at the picture does anything look better than a flat top KW that sits low to the ground. Peterbilts are cool but something about that narrow grill. That's my next truck 2nd in from the left.

I seriously considered buying this and taking my Class A drivers test so that I could transport all of my cars to the shows... and maybe ship cars after retirement. During the research I discovered how expensive it would be and the dream died.

14b.jpg

Cool old Dodge. I'd like to get my license sometime. You can get around it by keeping the weight under 26,000 pounds, non commercial. Basically driving just the tractor around. Same rules that the RV's use. I was talking with my brother in law about his Peterbilt. 1997 with a 550 Cat, 18 speed, & I think 3.55 gears. He was telling me top speed was 133 mph at about 2150 rpm. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I could see him standing on the pedal for 20 miles to find out, lol.

Cool old Dodge. I'd like to get my license sometime. You can get around it by keeping the weight under 26,000 pounds, non commercial. Basically driving just the tractor around. Same rules that the RV's use.

That's B.S. that they let that go. The law is that if it has air brakes and over 10,000# trailer weight you need a CDL, but you see all kinds of combos that exceed those parameters. You can also drive around in a 35,000# motorhome, trailer combo with no medical restrictions.

I'm For Hire.

Posted via Topify on Android

Thanks, but I always was fascinated by trucks as a kid and would want to drive too. I think it would be cool to roll up to Carlisle with that and a car carrier with my collection on it.

The Dodge has an 8v71 Detroit 318 (like a lot of the trucks from this era) and I looked at the mileage they usually get (like 3-5 mpg) and that only soured the dream more.

This is the other truck I was considering:

0c1f475b36dd51e792ab8101f75639426501.jpg

I made a dam good living while averaging 3 1/4---3 1/2 MPG and makin' $1,000 Tractor paymentz on top of the $150 ah day fuel consumption habit. Have thingz changed so much out there, LOL

Back