OK you truckers...

That's B.S. that they let that go. The law is that if it has air brakes and over 10,000# trailer weight you need a CDL, but you see all kinds of combos that exceed those parameters. You can also drive around in a 35,000# motorhome, trailer combo with no medical restrictions.

Hey, go easy, I resemble that remark. I'm about 36,000 loaded, 66' overall and I do have my air brake endorsement.

Thompson's Resort.jpg

Thompson's Resort.jpg

I made a dam good living while averaging 3 1/4---3 1/2 MPG and makin' $1,000 Tractor paymentz on top of the $150 ah day fuel consumption habit. Have thingz changed so much out there, LOL

A little, 2.4 MPG, $3500 payment, 500-600 per day in fuel.

Sorry Peter but see you already have half of it licked with the air brakes. Maybe not a CDL for those big motorhome combos but surely something. I don't think my truck is 66' Lol.

A long, long, time ago, an O/O gave me some advice. He said if the load doesn't pay per mile at least the equivalent of the price of one gallon of diesel, leave the rig parked. Well currently it's at ~$3.00 and you know it will head back up to 4 bucks.
No load is paying 3 bucks. Dave, what are they lucky to get these days? A buck and a quarter/mile?? I haven't kept up.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
We have those subtle gusts out this way, up 50 mph for days at a time. #1 clear 4-6 months outta the year, and low temps, last year we hit -75 for a few days. Long days when you cant even heat the cab.

That's those new smog/filter trucks best I ever got out of one of those was 4.8. My old girl here gets 6.3-6.5 with hills and city traffic, get out to western Oh. And beyond I can get in the low 7s, so yeah I think the 500 HP computer is staying on the shelf, I'm not pushing head gaskets out or walking main caps either.

I am usually in the 2-2.50 per mile, but that is my driveway to my driveway running local. Its 40 miles to the mill in the morning. If I take a load out of town and something back you need to be up in the 3+ per mile, but I also don't wait for anything if your not ready to put it on my trailer in a hour you should not have put it out there. Had that happen in Delaware in 2013 got there they went to lunch then they started bringing these f'ed up stacks of beams I asked the guy show me what I getting and we start a tour of the yard, never mind take that crap off my trailer c-ya. Then the phone calls start. Should have been ready. U.S. steel does not make me wait, ATI use to make me wait that's why I don't haul their junk anymore.

Why he's bobtailing in the downtown business district is beyond me. The container terminal is 15 miles away...

Oh. I didn't watch it to the end. I couldn't take anymore of watching this hillbilly out of his element.

...and humongous "roo" bar.
It's Oz...

Why? I've seen cow catchers like that in the states, usually in WY where you're most likely to actually catch one. Or an elk. And given that Herd is in Manitoba I don't see why it can't be a NA truck rather than Oz.

I guess this Trailer Setup would simply be not legal in the US, no Road Train signs on trucks I know of either.

Back