OK you truckers...

He's within inches or less, of taking the canopy out too.
Good thing that car stopped him.
No worry, they will lower the standards to get a CDL to allow more drivers to fill the low $ jobs that the ELB will put all the safety you need back in.
More government control less education that'll fix it.

How do you stand it out there now, Dave????
Btw, that is a sincere question.
I just couldn't do it anymore. And I mean that seriously, not jokingly,
If I could put my *** in the seat again for just one day, I would lose it with the first person blocking the lane while texting. And that would be within the first five minutes.

If I could put my *** in the seat again for just one day, I would lose it with the first person blocking the lane while texting. And that would be within the first five minutes.
Counting the days.

Watching traffic in front of work... a huge number of the pro drivers are f#$%ing around texting too... :BangHead:

One of the local trucks in the Ohio River valley. His winter truck is a 379 Pete. This is the summer truck.
IMG_20180601_112932.jpg

A truck only a mother could love.:D The GMCs were about the weakest designwise most of the time.

Hope he's not by the mile.
Weight baby, weight.
About a hundred for 40,000# minimum. In and around $9-10 bucks a mile. Yes there is return loads, same rate.
So yeah, 4-6 loads a day maybe 100 mile if no returns. $50-70 in fuel from $400-600 a day in revenue, not bad wages a day, for a forty+ year old truck.

See you don't have to run 500 mile a day to make a living.

My Girlfriends Pap drove truck since he got out of Vietnam. At 72 He is still in good shape, says he still could drive truck but there is just to much BS and to many stupid drivers to put up with.

But....
How old is he and,
How long has he been doing it.

Btw, he forgot to roll up his landing gear...

He is almost the same age as 70Bigblockdodge & has been doing it since he was about 20. He did quit once & worked driving for Butternut Bread. It was a pretty good job with benefits, but quit within a year to go back to otr.

Back