OK you truckers...

There's enough dedicated terminal to terminal runs out there that would have UPS and FedEx salivating over the implementation of this. Won't happen at UPS (Teamsters) but FEDEX is gonna be all over this. And of course Amazon...
Guys like you aren't affected except that it will pull your pay down with it.

Guy I worked with had a 320" W 900, it was tight inside the buildings in the mill. The bunk is too big on that truck. I know Kevin @twostick will disagree but 36" is the biggest bunk you need. I would not agree with this either in my other OTR lifetime.
Long wheelbase, long hood, little cab, little bunk. That is the basic combo.

Only if delivering in Manhattan....
I take it he's not home, much, if at all. Probably lives in it and just has a P. O. box.
Wrong Commando, He haz 6 lot lizeredz in that rig, and Bobtails from truck stop to truck stop. AND THEY ALL GET AH SHOWER EVERY AFTERNOON BEFORE THE $ STARTZ ROLLIN' IN AND AH SNACK SOMETIME AFTER MIDNIGHT

Screw the bunk. Fold up your jacket, use it as a pillow, and fall asleep on the steering wheel...
I just grab the pillow off the bunk and prop it up in the corner. Sleeping on the steering wheel will scare the Beegesus out of you when you wake up. I'm surprised I did not blow a brake diaphragm from pushing so hard on the foot valve, trying to stop a parked truck. Now that I'm older it would probably give me a heart attack.

I just grab the pillow off the bunk and prop it up in the corner. Sleeping on the steering wheel will scare the Beegesus out of you when you wake up. I'm surprised I did not blow a brake diaphragm from pushing so hard on the foot valve, trying to stop a parked truck. Now that I'm older it would probably give me a heart attack.

Been there, done that... Well the heart attack was an unrelated event. Lol

Kevin

Kevin

Been there, done that...

Kevin

Kevin
X2.

Once I was in a Cracker Box and fell asleep over the steering wheel.
Another one of our drivers, turned off the engine to his COE, quietly rolled up to me nose-to-nose and hung on the air horn.

Wasn't funny. :mad::mob::mad:

X2.

Another one of our drivers, turned off the engine to his COE, quietly rolled up to me nose-to-nose and hung on the air horn.

Maybe not to you, but to us......... :rofl:

X2.

That was one of funniest pranks we ever pulled. Had a driver we worked with, called himself Sinbad on the radio. We all called him Sandman, he couldn't get past the first rest area when we would head out at night on our linehauls. There were a couple of us, Sandman included, leaving Orlando headed south. He was out before the rest of us, we were all headed to Miami, i-4 to 27. He was already asleep over the wheel in the rest area just outside Orlando. We all hit the shoulder and one of the guys (Mike) dropped his trailer, backed up into the rest area, turned around and nosed up to Sandman's (Danny's) truck. Mike laid on the horns, flashing his high beams. Danny bailed out the drivers door, falling into the grass. We were rolling on the ground laughing. Danny chased Mike all over that rest area till he couldn't run any more. That was a long time (40 years) ago. That kind of fun in trucking is long gone.

The day the music died:
The deregulation of the trucking industry began with the Motor CarrierAct of 1980, which was signed into law by President Carter on July 1, 1980

Back