On the way home from the car show

Snooty. Those A/Cs in the early '50s Mopars sit on top of and take up the whole Axle Hump and go wall to wall. That's why the cute little "sucker" intakes are on the topz of the quarterz. lol

Snooty. Those A/Cs in the early '50s Mopars sit on top of and take up the whole Axle Hump and go wall to wall. That's why the cute little "sucker" intakes are on the topz of the quarterz. lol
I've seen only one in my life, and it was junk! I've sen a lot of cars with the vents but only the one did I actually inside.

I've seen only one in my life, and it was junk! I've sen a lot of cars with the vents but only the one did I actually inside.
Actually I liked the directional plastic ducts that GM used in the same years for sending the cold air forward in the cabin much better then Mothers duct work. If I remember rite, Chris Craft went to Plastic + fiberglass in '54 too. Wonder if those GM plastic ducts stayed clear or if the sun cooked 'um over the yearz? Haven't seen ah '54 Caddy sense Moses waz ah corporal.

Last edited:
IMG_9169.JPG
IMG_9170.JPG
IMG_9176.JPG
IMG_9170.JPG
IMG_9176.JPG
I stopped by Jimmys place after work & looked over the 62 Fury pretty good. Jimmy put it on his lift. There was some rot on the drivers rear floor. The car has been mini tubbed & rear springs where relocated. Jimmy said it had a narrowed rear when he got it & he sold that & installed this B body rear & bolted the springs back in the stock location. The rear fenders where cut out at some point to accommodate wider tires & the pinch welds cut out. They put garden hose in between the inner & outter quarters. YEP It has a VW Beatle gas tank bolted in the trunk. Decide to take it on a test drive. Jimmy had a hard time starting it. The big Holley pump was on. It finally fired. We went out & the engine is STRONG !!!! Reminded me of that blue Cuda drag car I drove that time. Jimmy was driving at first. Unbelievable acceleration. So I took the wheel & was getting on it & it started cutting out just after 4000 RPM. After a few miles it started cutting out well before that. I was thinking something is wrong with the ignition. The it started cutting out bad at 3000. I quickly shifted to second & it spit & coughed & nosed over. I said to Jimmy it's out of fuel. And just that quick the engine went silent. Sitting here on the road side waiting for his brother to bring us fuel. I decide I had better pass on the purchase. The quarter panels & cutting out & a host of smaller issues. On the way home it hit me like a lead brick. DUH it was too low on fuel that's why it was so hard to start & why it kept cutting out & getting worse. This engine is powerfull & sucked what fuel it had in minutes & that was that. Anyway I still think I'm going to pass. I have the black 440 truck. The big block Fury drag car & the 440 4 speed Belvedere so I got enough toys. This would be a great car for someone not covered up

Also Jimmy called the engine builder. A guy in Danville, Virginia just across the state line. He said it was a .55 over 400 with a steel Eagle 440 crank & rods. Crower roller cam. 11:1 compression & estimated 450-500 horse

GM plastic ducts
One of those car restoration shows on cable TV (Fantomworks) installed AC in an early-mid '50s Cadillac they restored. They claimed it was the first car with factory air, and they had a tough time finding parts as I recall.

Back